Project "Bagged-in-a-week"

Llittle_Llama

Ok, I was going to keep this all under wraps, but it looks like I won't be able to finish this before I go to AZ, so I thought I would start a bagged project thread and post all my pics up :) I sold the firebird last week and dropped a little over a grand to finish up my fuel shit and notches and 4 link and what not. So to start out here are a few pics of what I have received in the mail so far. :D

HPIM2029.jpg

HPIM2030.jpg

HPIM2031.jpg

HPIM2032.jpg

Edited by dwnshfter
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you see those little tabs on side of that tank? if you only support that tank with those, they will break. you will want to support the tank from underneath and use those tabs to hold it in place.

Those are being cut off actually, I have angle iron and will be making a "box" for it to sit in and it will be totally encased so nothing rips a hole in it from the bottom ;)

2eDeYe;130336']Yep' date=' strap that tank.

and a nice tank it is :cool:

Who's doing the welding work?[/quote']

Thanks, it is a little taller than I want, my plans changed a little but we will make it work ;) and I will be doing SOME welding work, like the case for the tank maybe, but all the hard stuff my friend up the street is doing. He has bagged more than his fair share and is bagging his blazer as we speak :D

I see you have a nice new fuel filter.. I went this route as well with my set up. I had problems out of my filter I'll take some pics of it. After few min of running it would vapor lock (totally frustrating:cursing::mad:!). I ended up moving the filter between the pump and engine. I originally had it between the tank and pump. My filter has a fine mesh filter element and I think it only allowed one molocule through at a time. Over time I ended up burning out my Walbro fuel pump!! I bought a different size/freer flowing fuel filter, and put my Mallery fuel pump back on. Now I have fuel injection that needs 60lbs of constant pressure. On a carb I think it is about 6-8lbs Not really sure! The fine mesh might be fine in your application, however for mine I had to use a courser mesh.

Sweet tank! Is that a GM sending unit? Sweet!!

That it awesome that you are bagging it with just that fuel cell. And this entire time I've been buying bags, valves, brackets, tanks and compressors :lol:

What are your plans?

2 link, wishbone 3 links, 4 link?

Bags on bars? bags over axle?

Air supply?

Brand of bags?

Who are you buying the air ride stuff from?

Have you ever priced fittings:eek:?

I now have everything but lines and fittings, and yeah, they suck $$ like no other! I will post pics of what all I bought as I get it in the mail. I went with bags on axle, the gen 2 bridge kit from suicidedoors, I have 8 new blitzluft 1/2 inch valves, I went with the chrome superduty 4 link form FBI, and as far as bags go, I traded for a used set in ok condition that I will most likely replace in a few months. Same thing on the compressor, it is a used one from a friend I picked up cheap, I will most likely replace it with 2 new ones when I get my tax return. I have a used 8 gallon tank and will AGAIN be replacing it ASAP, I just picked it up cheap to get me by till I get it all up and running. I know I left out a LOT of stuff, but as it comes in the mail I will post it up ;)

Those AN fittings DO NOT require any sort of thread sealer. They seal all by themselves.

I am aware that they work well on their own, however.... both summit and a guy that builds drag cars here in town recommended that I use some liquid teflon to seal it just to be safe, was 9 dollars for the bottle, WELL worth the assurance that it sealed well and does not leak IMHO. Not saying you are wrong, or that you don't know what you are talking about, I have run them "dry" before with no problems, I just wanted to do it on this since it was going in the back of the truck and will be somewhat "in the weather" until I can weld the bed closed.

Don't use teflon. I worked on aircraft, and they use all an fittings. Teflon was a huge no-no. Use the loctite. Just my 2 cents...

I know, I am a blackhawk crewchief and we NEVER use anything on the fittings. I have not done much on the fuel systems but I have done a little. What kind of acft to you work on?

It is "project: spend a bunch of money to replace a fuel system that the factory designed just fine. aka: project: waste of cash on shiny parts that will do nothing the truck didn't already do."

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh man! That stings.

It is "project: spend a bunch of money to replace a fuel system that the factory designed just fine. aka: project: waste of cash on shiny parts that will do nothing the truck didn't already do."

how about: project gas tank is rusting out and I have to drain it and strain the gas to get all the rust out every week or so and I thought why not spend the money on a new cell that will never rust rather than spending money on recoating a tank that might have to be replaced once it lays frame anyway..... or bagged in a week....the latter flows better.

EDIT: also, if factory stuff was so great, where would the aftermarket industry be? damn beebani, why do you waste your time making those disc conversion brackets?!? the factory stuff makes it stop fine right?

Edited by dwnshfter
or... Tear entire truck apart

buy useless parts

decide on a 510

rinse and repeat

what parts do I have that are useless? and I want a 510 to drive in AZ, I cannot take this their plus I need a daily driver anyway, I have not had just 1 vehicle in about 6 years and now that the firebird is sold all I have is the 620 so I need something else anyway.

if factory stuff was so great, where would the aftermarket industry be? damn beebani, why do you waste your time making those disc conversion brackets?!? the factory stuff makes it stop fine right?

The aftermarket has nothing to do with this. There are thousands of 620's on the road with their factory fuel tanks. It is not as if there is an inherent problem with the stock system that needs to be corrected.

I for one do not see what several hundred dollars in race car fuel system components get you that well functioning stock components get you, in this application.