Project "Bagged-in-a-week"

Llittle_Llama

A good used replacement tank would be cheaper and bolt right in with no mods at all. Spend the money saved to actually bag the truck.

This new project post should have been titled:

PROJECT INSTALL FUEL CELL (NO TIME LIMIT)

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The aftermarket has nothing to do with this. There are thousands of 620's on the road with their factory fuel tanks. It is not as if there is an inherent problem with the stock system that needs to be corrected.

I for one do not see what several hundred dollars in race car fuel system components get you that well functioning stock components get you, in this application.

tank was 150 shipped (shipped for 7 dollars, jackass lived 6 miles from me and REFUSED local pickup) line was 26 dollars for 6 feet, and I spent another 50-60 on fittings ( I bought all summit pieces as they are cheap) I have under 250 on it so far. I agree it was not a necessity, you are exactly right, I just prefer to do it this way is all. I would have done it eventually so might as well now :)

A good used replacement tank would be cheaper and bolt right in with no mods at all. Spend the money saved to actually bag the truck.

This new project post should have been titled:

PROJECT INSTALL FUEL CELL (NO TIME LIMIT)

lol, and it will NOT be done in a week, this was more a joke at myself for thinking I could do it faster than I could afford. The bridge kit will be in monday and I will hopefully have it installed this week, this is just part one ;)

That's douche,... darlin'. Deuche is how the urban dictionary spells it (probably because of the contribution of an illiterate) being passed on like pwmed for owned,.... or maybe that's an Americanization of the French word douche: to shower or rinse.

Edited by datzenmike

People put after market fuel cells in their bagged trucks all of the time. I realize that this is not a mini truckin' web site, and dwn can be a post whore sometimes, but just because something doesn't fall into the hole "Ratsun use used old shitty parts with a rising sun painted on them persona" doesn't mean that he is wrong for not doing so.

Good luck with the build Dwn.

Village idiot or not, he is a Datsun lover. Isn't that what this site is for :blink:?

Second of all, he is on his way to being a mini trucker, so I'm down with him.

And all this talk about him replacing his fuel system when the stock one is adequate is ignorant. Why the hell are KA swaps so popular if the stock motors from the 60's and 70's did there job? Same principal...

I for one want to make sure that he bags his truck correctly, and that it is safe. There are too many hacked pieces of shit that give mini trucks a bad name out there. He may end up doing something wrong, that is important that someone could have commented on and he corrected, but not post progress pics because of the negativity that he got about a silly fuel cell.

Dwn, Please ask me anything about bagging your truck, I will try to answer the best that I can. I am a Mini Trucker and believe strongly in helping other mini truckers out.

Edited by kaoss
grammar

Like I have said several times over the last few weeks, I don't post a bunch of dumb shit anymore. I have started doing other things in life besides waiting on someone to post on here so I could answer back and started getting things back on track. In my defense on the fuel cell, I looked today at the stock tank, it sits about 3 inches lower than the frame, would that be safe when I drag down the street? I think I would have caught HELL from you guys if I had tried or done so and lived to tell you about it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Either way I would have had shit said about me. Thanks kaoss, I was really starting to feel the heat until your kind words :) It's people like you that make me want to keep my mini truck ;)