New Member Here, Let me intoduce my Trucks!!

GMSPNKR

hey guys, just heard about this site, and am pumped to get involved.. my trucks are all kind of dirty right now, and i will take better shots of em cleaned up, just wanted to share and introduce myself.. i have a 72' Dats 521 with a 69' Boss 302 V8,C4 Tranny w/ shift kit, and a ford 9" rear end with posi and gears, also a bitchen swaybar set up. it makes 315hp at the flywheel,i also have a 79' dats 620 off of the original owner only 64,000 orig. miles and has a japanese SSS race motor,high compression w/ weber setup on it, 84' 4x4 king cab w/ 75,000 orig on the odometer, and a d 21 hard body. hope you digem and have a great day!!

Picture17229.jpg

Picture17228.jpg

Picture17232.jpg

Picture17233.jpg

Picture17231.jpg

Picture17234.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, i bought the 79' off of the original owner, which gave me an entire photo album of the trucks history with him since day 1 when he drove it off a lot in poway ca. came pretty much exactly as you see it, with all the sundance lift kit / rough country / jackman suspension and bumpers all installed by the dealer before the sale.. he last drove this truck in 1985', i bought it from him a few years back.

Thanks for the pics, is that a gm front sway bar, i've been thinking about doing something like you got going on.

also thanks for putting your location up.

just wondering why you didnt put a Ford shaker hood scoop on. just wondering......

my pleasure in sharing.. you wont believe it, but i bought the 521 as you see it from the original owner a couple months ago.. dont know for sure if that is a front gm swaybar set up, and he went with the boss scoop, reason unknown. thanks for the welcomes guys!!!

Thanks for the pics, is that a gm front sway bar, i've been thinking about doing something like you got going on.

also thanks for putting your location up.

just wondering why you didnt put a Ford shaker hood scoop on. just wondering......

I would bet money that the sway bar on the rear of the 521 is actually a stock front sway bar for a 521-620 drum brake truck.

welcome home, now get those trucks cleaned up,:lol:, nice rides u got there, sweet lookin 521, and clean 720, and a 620 lifted rig too...you'll fit in just fine, liken the hardbody also..:D

I would bet money that the sway bar on the rear of the 521 is actually a stock front sway bar for a 521-620 drum brake truck.

after a closer inspection, it doesn't have the curves like a GM but the diameter looks to be larger then a datsun sway bar. but I still like the idea of a sway bar on the rear.

GMSPNKR > can you tell us what the diameter is just so we/I know. Thanks again .........