What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

looked at teh 73 and wished she hadn't died. moved the 78 down to its hole on hte lower driveway. will need to move it either today or tomorrow and do some other rearranging so i can bring my new (to me) F250 home some how. and park my Ramcharger down in the feild till i can get the parts together to fix it properly. that'll free up a spot for Godzilla (my 4runner).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loaded the bed of my truck full of big bags of garbage and cardboard boxes and bags of dog crap and nasty other stuff. Hauled the cardboard to the recycle bin, then threw the bags of garbage in the big dumpster in our maintenance yard. I work for a private RV park, and had to do the garbage run throughout the park. Perfect job for this rusty little Ratsun.

Dan

Yeah...I moved some stuff too...lots of stuff...I figure I have about 15 loads in this week. We moved, so it was a ton of work! The family all pitched in and the Datsun worked like a champ! I didn't get pictures of all the loads...I should have..stuff hangin all out the back and all over the sides. :lol:

I think my frame hit my axle about 5 times. Not bad really...it was super loaded down on several occasions.

With the 17s and a whole layer of storage bins that were super heavy. Oh..and about 20 garden tool:D

Datsunmove2.jpg

With a bunch of furniture and my daughters scooter. Some friends had come by to help and their boy was helping a ton! He wanted to hold the scooter fender so it looked right.:)

Datsunmove3.jpg

With my 1971 CL450 and about 6 bikes

Datsunmove1.jpg

I like the way it looks with weight in it.:cool:

today i flipped the rear end back where it is susposed to go. replaced all the fuel line, dropped in the new radiator, hooked up the e- brakes painted the frame, changed the oil. replaced the distributer cap, changed the plugs and wires, changed the oil again cause i forgot to change the filter, replaced the fuel filter twice (cheap plastic). wired up new tail lights (trailer style lights), got all new fuses, went to the junk yard got a new used gastank and filled it with gas, went back because it had a hole and leaked all over my back seat of my car:mad:, went home and placed it on the frame with tiedown straps.

tomorrow bleeding the brakes, and refiling it, welding wheel wells on, making mud flaps. pondering how im going to put a bbq on the back of the truck with a gas tank there too:confused:. gas and fire doesnt seem to be a good combo for me:lol:. also pulling out the interior and painting the cab black.

can you believe that its going to cost me 500 just to register it in clovis ca!@#$!

if you guys have any idea on the bbq in the back with a gas tank too let me know, i kinda want to use the bbq once or twice before i blow up :lol: theres only so many hours in one day

Took a neighbor kid for a ride in it to the store and back...it's an EV conversion 620. He thought it died at the stop signs. My son said it reminded him of the sounds the MAX train in Portland makes when it starts up.

Later:

Left the window down during an unexpected cloudbust at a friend's house. Sat on the soaked seat; had to stop at a store on the way home. Luckily I had on satin-y clothes so it didn't look like I wet myself. Had to blot the front seat with a towel & wipe it out a little...Shiney skirts are a bonus when you sit on a rain soaked seat! You can just turn the wet side around along your waist so people don't think you had an "accident"--well, ya kinda DID....

np: Sleep Sun "Embrace" -- incredible psychedelia...like Blue Cheer meets Nebula

Guest DatsuNoob

Pulled the KA out after the motor mounts were finished, replaced and resealed the front timing cover, cleaned out the sludge in the oil pan, resealed and installed. Getting ready to complete the paint removal in the engine bay, and finally start laying some paint once it warms up a little more.

Today I woke up sick and tired of looking at your low trucks. I realised that LOW is BIG thing. So I sent her away to the Low shop. I'm in class right now (Grad school) and having just completed an assignment I have to present later this morning I find myself thinking of nothing other than... will she be low enough?

From the rim (14") the arch will sit 55cm about the bottom of the rim. Currently She's sporting 195/70 R14s so there should be about 2.5 cms clearance... I worry that it will be much... is just in my mind, or should i have gone lower?