Wrecking Yard Report

Since the rest of those parts are 510, then I'd assume that engine is 510, in which case, that oil pan and pick up tube might be worth $30-$50 (to someone doing an L20B swap that doesn't already have an engine in their car), and could probably be gotten for $10.  I had to pay $35 for my pan without pick up tube, plus $15 shipping....

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So this development made me pretty sad, I thought I would take this opportunity to share my best memories of this junkyard.

1) I saw a 1200 sedan "race car" there. It had coil overs, full roll cage, etc. I think this is what made me want a 1200. The second time I saw it the struts were gone. I asked the guy "will you sell me a whole car?" He said, "everything is for sale." I went home and thought about it, the next time I went back the car was gone.

2) So I bought some other 1200, I thought maybe I would put a Toyota 3TC in it (puerto Rico style) then I suddenly found this at the same junkyard:

ae86.jpg

I drove this home and it was the donor car for my Datsun.

A '79 (or so it says) 620 showed up at the Arlington PnP in the last couple of days but doesn't show in inventory yet. The dash bezel and switches are all gone as is the steering wheel. I didn't see what engine it had (guessing L20B) but it does have a W53 head on it. The dash pad appears to be very nice.

20140322_095353_zps8da7689f.jpg

20140322_095405_zpsac04ef30.jpg

20140322_095752_zpsf3ba78c9.jpg

Not a new car, but in the back of a '78 Ford pickup on row 29 at the Lynnwood PnP there is an L16 long block. Nothing special, has a 210 head. There's also an instrument cluster and bezel plus a pair of seats. The seats look pretty bad though.

20140318_160750_zpsff7c6939.jpg

the crossmember would be worth saving as well, id be interested if the price

Yep i checked prices online and they would want $26. plus 9% tax  just for the oil pan. Aaaaaand $2. entry fee.

02.33 9% tax

02.00  entry fee

Grand total $30.32

And that doesn't even include the Teriyaki bowl and soda that would be needed..

13501105365_39f644d3d7_c.jpg

can anybody guess what kind of Datsun I pulled these wheels off of?

spoiler alert: it's a 260z. was pretty complete, last i checked someone ripped the interior apart :(. good tan cloth seats, motor is complete.

let me know if you need something!

-Nick

^^^ what about the "environmental fees"? Those are never disclosed online it seems, and I think they vary depending on what you buy.

And how about the state tax that they charge on the $2.00 entrance admission fee? 

They only tax the admission fee if you actually buy something on the way out of the yard.

yup EXACTLY what Mikeystoy said.... Pick-n-Pull is owned by Schnitzer Steel its ALL SCRAP to them.

went to pick n pull for some axles

26 dollars for cv axles plus tax and o yea a 8 dollar core charge each WTF?!!! its a used part and u guys aren't going to send the part to be re-manufactured.

Scrap metal recycling

• Like 1