Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yo Seeker! One of the kids at my mechanic's shop did it. He's not there anymore. So far I haven't paid anything for the work I had done there. The head gasket, shocks, brakes, install and wiring of the clock I had fixed, etc. Probably because I also build and maintain two of his web sites :) I had found a write up online once on how to do it. I'll see if I can find it for ya.

It might be a cool thing if there was a place in the forum for a junk yard report... or not... it's great that there is this web site.

Friday 7/20 I was at Porltand Wrecking on Columbia Blvd. There were two 620s that were pretty picked over but still had some goodies here and there. There was a '76 with a pretty intact L18 an OK tailgate and two nice doors that somebody stripped the window regulators out of, too bad. There were four 720s but I'm not really interested in them so I didn't look past the engines/trannys. Nothing to write home about. Usually, there is a 521 and some Z cars or a 1200, but there were no nissan cars in the whole place this time.

I'm looking for Hardbodies to get front suspension parts to put discs on my 620. I have never seen a single one in the last three years or so.

I hope to hit a couple more yards to day.

There is a 620 disc coversion in the classifides on this site.

• Like 1

^^^^ FAIL

Dude, be nice - Figbuck has been waiting for that disc brake conversion for SEVEN YEARS. His drums are almost totally worn out.

• Like 3

Friday 7/20 I was at Porltand Wrecking on Columbia Blvd. There were two 620s that were pretty picked over but still had some goodies here and there. There was a '76 with a pretty intact L18 an OK tailgate and two nice doors that somebody stripped the window regulators out of, too bad. There were four 720s but I'm not really interested in them so I didn't look past the engines/trannys. Nothing to write home about. Usually, there is a 521 and some Z cars or a 1200, but there were no nissan cars in the whole place this time.

I stopped in there to get a seat for my Datsun. There was a stock 1200 seat in an old school bus but they wanted too much for it so I got a better one at John's Import Auto Wrecking. In June 1984. All the cars were stacked two high on racks over gravel, with clean concrete roadways in between.

It might be a cool thing if there was a place in the forum for a junk yard report... or not... it's great that there is this web site.

I'm looking for Hardbodies to get front suspension parts to put discs on my 620. I have never seen a single one in the last three years or so.

I hope to hit a couple more yards to day.

Dude, Figbuck(whoever you are.. must be some troll noob), I just spent the day driving up there and nothing you said was up there! Beware of this guy, he led me on a wild goose chase for parts that cost me my afternoon and a tank of gas! :sneaky:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

PASCO WA at a junkyard called TOMMYS STEEL AND SALVAGE there are 4 datsun 620's bodies look good, 3 have complete motors it looks, and there are 2 older datsun pickups but they arent in the best shape, years are 73,76,77,79 and the others are an 88 and a 71 I think......they have pleanty of parts phones number is +1 509-547-1221

if anyone is in Fairfield, CA and going to pick and pull i would really appreciate if you could check the 200sx that is there for me. Here's the info:

"Nissan 200SX 85 Row: 0013 Date: 04/22/2014"

looking for the model that has the ca20 because i need the h190 differential, thanks in advance.

EDIT:

okay i got some info on it here http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JN1PS24S7FW035188

but not sure if its the differential i need?