Wrecking Yard Report

i made the mistake one time, of having some "parts" in my tool box from home a 510 dash vent, some old spark plugs and a few bolts, i get to the counter to pay for a part i picked, they ask to search my tool box.. sure go for it i says.

they pull out all this stuff and start to charge me for it ......  "hold the fuck on now, thats all my shit!!!"

"im sorry sir we have to charge you for all these parts!"

"no get your manager "

he comes out and says well we dont know if these are yours or not ?

so im held up there with a line behind me convincing him these are mine!

they let me go, and told me not to keep spark plugs and bolts in my tool box when i go there 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some stuff at PnP is cheap some stuff is a rip.  My buddy went there to get some side mirrors for his International truck and they wanted 40 dollars for a pair of rusted mirrors.  He got the pair down to 25, which I didn't know prices are negotiable??

Figured I would give it a try next time I am there but sure I will have no luck..  :lol:

they aren't & the Rancho/Sunrise PnP is the worst. They are completely take it or leave it & generally have shitty attitudes...... Locally Rocklin is the coolest, they always change the least amount on stuff but they are a small yard. Antelope is hit & miss as well as South Sac... I hate the Rancho yard & it sucks because they are by far the largest.

..... I didn't know prices are negotiable??

I thought that when I saw this post :)

I would love that hood!

they aren't & the Rancho/Sunrise PnP is the worst. They are completely take it or leave it & generally have shitty attitudes...... Locally Rocklin is the coolest, they always change the least amount on stuff but they are a small yard. Antelope is hit & miss as well as South Sac... I hate the Rancho yard & it sucks because they are by far the largest.

I thought that when I saw this post :)

Now it makes me wonder how much money I "could" have saved..  :geek:   Hmm, so each yard is different.  I always just go to the stockton yard.  Should try some others now.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a 82 ZX in Tacoma pick n pull with 5speed still in it ,, as of Saturday afternoon.  should be an easy pull as the exhaust was a straight pipe,, not stock ............ if you know what i mean.

Struts were gone all the way to the arms which was weird.

It won't show up in any search but i can guarantee it was there as i took some fuel injection parts off it.  Middle section.

There is a 82 ZX in Tacoma pick n pull with 5speed still in it ,, as of Saturday afternoon.  should be an easy pull as the exhaust was a straight pipe,, not stock ............ if you know what i mean.

Struts were gone all the way to the arms which was weird.

It won't show up in any search but i can guarantee it was there as i took some fuel injection parts off it.  Middle section.

Is it this one?

http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JN1HZ04S5CX450245

ec43e7ac-7c0a-4356-90ee-70f0bf289c6c.jpg

• Like 1

That is the one.

Weird we were told of it by MHub91 and we searched Pick n pull site and it wasn't on there.  Just checked and it still isn't listed.

And i just realized i totally brain farted on getting me some new style injector conectors off an Audi.. dang it

That is the one.

Weird we were told of it by MHub91 and we searched Pick n pull site and it wasn't on there.  Just checked and it still isn't listed.

The PnP search engine absolutely sucks but it is odd to see something on Row52 that can't be found using the PnP site.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a 1981 hatchback 210 in Sun Valley. In pretty good shape except the driver's side front where it was hit. Otherwise it was a great looking car. Everything seemed to be there. It's an automatic. Must've been garaged for a majority of its life as the dash assembly was in great shape. I took everything. Dash pad, steering wheel cover, stereo cluster, glovebox, e-brake cover, window latches, undertrim and instrument panel. It had a center console but I was done taking things out of there and it was getting hot. Might go back tomorrow. I didn't get pics either. I completely spaced it. Was so dazzled by the condition of the dash. If I go back I'll get pics.