Wrecking Yard Report

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone here close and able to pull the rear marker buckets & rubber gaskets off that 521? I've been looking for a decent set. I'd also really love for someone to cut off the rear bed corners and ship em to me if possible. They look clean! Also wondering about the tailgate.

We won't be able to do the bed corners for you, but we could do the buckets and rubbers. You're referring to the side clearance lights, right? What exactly are you looking for in the tailgate? It was pretty clean, no dents to speak of, but for some reason I feel like I remember it maybe being a little warped (like one side looking like it would latch, and the other wouldn't), but I could be wrong. I do know that it wasn't closing all the way with the canopy, as the canopy doesn't fit it entirely properly.

PM me with specifics and I can try to at least swing by again on Saturday or Sunday and take a look and grab some relatively easy parts for you.

ok so i'm finding this thread incredibly helpful however every place i find that has a 210 is up north :sneaky: are there any boneyard regulars who can pull parts for me? naturally i'll pay for the part, the shipping and your time. my last resort is to board a plane/train and get the parts myself. the pick n pulls in redding, richmond, fairfield, stockton, sacramento, windsor and fresno all have datsun 210s. i'm looking for a rearview mirror and the illumination control unit (including the knob). part number on that is 25231H9101 or 25280P7100 depending on how old or new. if anyone in northern california is close to those cities and haunts the boneyards on a regular basis please PM me if you can get me those two parts. there's a pick n pull in portland, or and vancouver, wa that also have a datsun 210s. if anyone in those areas can help out please PM me. i'm not sure which years are interchangeable regarding the rear view. my car is an '81 210 sedan (that's it in my sig). my rear view isn't attached to the window. it's attached to the roof. behind it is the plate for the visor clips. here's a photo of my rearview:

DSCN0357_sm.jpg

your help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

We won't be able to do the bed corners for you, but we could do the buckets and rubbers. You're referring to the side clearance lights, right? What exactly are you looking for in the tailgate? It was pretty clean, no dents to speak of, but for some reason I feel like I remember it maybe being a little warped (like one side looking like it would latch, and the other wouldn't), but I could be wrong. I do know that it wasn't closing all the way with the canopy, as the canopy doesn't fit it entirely properly.

PM me with specifics and I can try to at least swing by again on Saturday or Sunday and take a look and grab some relatively easy parts for you.

I stopped by today and they've unfortunately pulled the truck from the yard and it's in a pile ready for the crusher.

ok so i'm finding this thread incredibly helpful however every place i find that has a 210 is up north :sneaky: are there any boneyard regulars who can pull parts for me? naturally i'll pay for the part, the shipping and your time. my last resort is to board a plane/train and get the parts myself. the pick n pulls in redding, richmond, fairfield, stockton, sacramento, windsor and fresno all have datsun 210s. i'm looking for a rearview mirror and the illumination control unit (mainly the knob but will take the entire unit). part number on that is 25231H9101 or 25280P7100 depending on how old or new. if anyone in northern california is close to those cities and haunts the boneyards on a regular basis please PM me if you can get me those two parts. there's a pick n pull in portland, or and vancouver, wa that also have a datsun 210s. if anyone in those areas can help out please PM me. i'm not sure which years are interchangeable regarding the rear view. my car is an '81 210 sedan (that's it in my sig). my rear view isn't attached to the window. it's attached to the roof. behind it is the plate for the visor clips. here's a photo of my rearview:

DSCN0357_sm.jpg

your help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

First question is why are you replacing the rear view mirror?

I have one that is configured a little differantly but looks the same, it has 3 screws holding the part that holds the visor ends, but the mirror itself is held by one screw in the center connected to the said visor end holder.

DSCN1593.jpg

In the photo below, you can kinda see discoloration around the edges of the mirror, same as yours is in your photo, that is why I am asking you why your are replacing yours.

DSCN1592.jpg

As you can see, there are 3 screws holding the base, the black screw in the middle holds the mirror.

DSCN1594.jpg

I pulled this from a 210 I parted out for the drivetrain.

Pm me if this is what you are looking for.

wayno

• Like 1

My mirror has a look now as though it is peeling around the edges. Not sure yours will work. I was hoping for a mirror that's intact. I may just have it resurfaced if I can't find one.

My mirror is doing the same thing as yours, peeling around the edges from the back, that is why I was asking why you were replacing it, if it was the same issue, then there is no point.

Over 50% of my mirror has a brown discoloration around the edge.

I have not been going to the wreaking yards around vancouver/portland lately, as there doesn't seem to be any deals anymore.

Wayne, you got a dogleg five speed? That was a 1979, and had the exposed screws on the mirror. For 1980 they cleaned it up visually and put three of the screws behind the base. As long as you get the base and mirror together it should work!

No it was not a dogleg, that was the reason I bought the car in the first place, it had a normal shift pattern.

And the mirror mount was cleaned up, that was why I posted that it still had 3 screws holding the base, and then it has one in the center to hold the mirror, much cleaner, but it sounds like the reason he is wanting a new mirror is because of delamination, but my part/mirror has the same issue.

Pick A Part July 1 Ontario, CA

A couple of Zs (1985, 1980) a couple of 610s (1971, 1978) and a 310 (1979). All were in pretty decent shape body wise. I didn't really pay attention to the inside though. Took a few shots for you all. The 310 is the one I was after. Seats were gone, back bumper was gone but otherwise the body was in great shape. If my car's body style was closer to that I would've taken everything. I did take the door handles, window regulators and a couple other cosmetic things. If anyone's lookin you all should get down there soon. Seems the Zs get picked apart pretty quick.

Edit: Forgot to put in the URL for the place. They've got two locations. One in Monrovia and the other in Ontario. They seem to turn over cars pretty quick in Monrovia. They don't keep them but 3-4 weeks before they crush them. I went there Saturday for the 1980 210 they listed in Monrovia but it was already gone :sneaky: It was listed 4 weeks previous. Anyway, here's the URL. They update the inventory every day but Sunday. http://www.pickapartauto.com/

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

Did you get a pic of the 310? There's not not much that interchanges between 310 and 210, except the engine parts. Maybe a few misc parts.

The 210 pictured there is just like yours only a 1979. The regulators probably will fit all years 210 2-dr Sedan.

ggzilla: Yes, the pics of the 310 is the blue car (pics 4-6). Technically my 210 is a B310. The engine plates read 310 though. The regulator works. It's now in my car. Any 210 (coupe, sedan, wagon 2-door and 4-door) from '79-'82 will work. Same goes for the rearview mirror. I would've grabbed it but it was already gone :crying: The body on the '79 was different from mine. It was a February '79. I read recently that the front grill changes in a mid '79 so it's more like my 210. Mine reads DATSUN on the grill whereas that particular '79 had a D on it. Also, my headlight frames have the side signal lights attached to it and that '79 doesn't. I was actually going to PM you and ask about the engine. I believe it's only the '81 and '82 where the engines were completely compatible. I know it's 2 years but I never remember if it's '80-'81 or '81-'82. The latter seems like it would be more correct. Thankfully I don't need engine parts but if I find one that works with my car I'm not opposed to getting everything I can. Can you (or anyone else) shed some light on that?

here's the front of my car:

grill.jpg

Yes, the grille changed for the 1980 model year, which started in October 1979 for the 210. They changed a lot of things, interior, badges, etc. to give it a contemporary look.

All the engines are compatible unless it needs to comply with smog regulations. CA regs say you must meet smog test either for the car or the engine, whichever is newer. And the 1981-1982 engines have fewer emissions.

You might want to check your ID plate again.

Datsun 310 is a FWD vehicle

21585.jpg

I'll post a pic of the plate for you later. Not near the car right now. I do know in the model number it has 310 but it's got letters before and after it. The '79 I pulled parts from only had 310. I'll edit this post when I've got a photo.

Oh, and it must be the '81-'82 engines for my car then. I have to get it smogged every other year.

Ok here's the engine plate. Type is listed as PB310 and the Model is PLB310RAV. This is a rear wheel drive car. No clue what all those letters are for. You may know better than I do.

IMAG0026.jpg

PB310 is the model number for the 210. If I'm not mistaken, the 1200's were B110's, the B210's were B210's, and the 210's were B310's. All different generations of the Datsun Sunny. The 79 front end can be swapped over to the later model 210's and a lot of the parts are interchangable.