Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, angliagt said:

Happened across this wrecking yard just outside of Christiansburg,VA.

Lots of interesting stuff there.

004.JPG

005.JPG

010.JPG

001.JPG

i need both lower quarter panels and inner sheet metal on that white 65 valiant in the 2nd/3rd pic sitting on top

Edited by gene knight

The yard is D&M Auto Parts & Recycling

772 Brumfield Road

Blacksburg,Virginia

(540) 951-7791  

• 3 weeks later...

FYI - BE CAREFUL AT ALL JUNYARDS - Toot Theft Alert -

Recently I was at a SoCal LKQ and zoned-out for just a couple moments and my junk-yard tool kit was gone...

(This also happened to a friend at a different LKQ a few tears ago so I've always tried to be aware and alert of my surroundings there.....obviously I had a lapse)

Anyway I bet this was a somewhat organized crew that rip-off a lot of folks.....similar to catalyst thieves.

I had just pulled a buttload of parts for my 4th Gen Celica (sorry) and the tools were gone from the side of the car. 

Just watch your stuff like a hawk......maybe I'll make a glitter-fart tool box and go back to the 909...

Vicdat 

9 minutes ago, vicdat said:

Recently I was at a SoCal LKQ and zoned-out for just a couple moments and my junk-yard tool kit was gone...

(This also happened to a friend at a different LKQ a few tears ago so I've always tried to be aware and alert of my surroundings there.....obviously I had a lapse)

Anyway I bet this was a somewhat organized crew that rip-off a lot of folks.....similar to catalyst thieves.

I had just pulled a buttload of parts for my 4th Gen Celica (sorry) and the tools were gone from the side of the car. 

Just watch your stuff like a hawk......maybe I'll make a glitter-fart tool box and go back to the 909...

Vicdat 

That really sucks, sorry to hear that

• Like 1
2 hours ago, vicdat said:

Vicdat 

Sorry to hear that. People will steal anything that isn't glued on, bolted down or cemented in. You ALWAYS have to keep an eye on your stuff no matter where you are. People suck. A glitter-fart tool box might work. A guy my husband works with was forever having his bike stolen from the lot (film lot, they're prop makers). He finally painted his bike bright pink. Never happened again.

People are trash.  The shop just got hit.  They got the cats off the sequoia, titan and suburban.

I hope they come back tho.  The xterra might just be precariously balanced. The slightest vibrations might drop it off the bricks on top of them.  That would be so bad.  I would just feel soooooooo awful.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

1979 210 wagon in the Moss Landing, California PNP.

In a way it broke my heart since it was a straight and non-rusty wagon, I don't remember the last time I saw one with a decent body.

Sadly the POs were treakers or something, the whole thing was covered in rattle-can paint and duct-tape.

There was a 5-speed though, so I spent the hour pulling that as a consolation prize. 🙂

I'll go back for the tailgate and differential, and might just snag the A14 just in case I need a spare at some point.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...