POST Craigslist ads here...

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rickylee65

Switching VIN's is legal in CA? Kinda stoopid to switch with a vehicle so obviously a different year. Even more so to advertise that fact. Just sayin'

Guest rickylee65

Say that you have 2 similar vehicles. One runs and the other has a title. You plan to drive the runner until it dies, then junk it. You will not sell it. Would you switch VIN's? Is this a victimless crime?

Ummm.....yes it is hooked up and works wonderfully. The a/c suction line is not hooked up, maybe that's what you are seeing?

Bought a donor, it's now a '73...no more smogging it.

My bad friend! Looked like it wasn't in one of the pics. Then again I'm on my phone. Cool truck none the less.

Been for sale for a year and a half. Car is unregistered and Pedro (owner) is a dick. Good luck dealing with this fool.

And he has raised the price. Fucking Leno!!!!

what was his price a year and a half ago? Have you already tried beating him up on the price?

Say that you have 2 similar vehicles. One runs and the other has a title. You plan to drive the runner until it dies, then junk it. You will not sell it. Would you switch VIN's? Is this a victimless crime?

Completely different scenario altogether. We're not talking about a personal use vehicle that someone is planning to drive until "death do them part". We're talking about vehicle that is in fact for sale.

We had a guy here a while back that did this with intent to sell. He said some things that didn't add up, and it was found out that he was selling vehicle with an obviously switched VIN. He was put in his place and it turned into a magnificent shit storm.

I'm not going to say it's less illegal to do what you're saying just for your own purposes(because it's not), but when your plan to sell it as fraudulent(unbeknownst to a naive buyer), then it puts someone else in a really bad spot. If you want to weather the risk of consequence on your own, that's totally up to you(and if you did, I wouldn't recommend broadcasting it, especially on a public forum). However, if your plan is to sell the soiled goods, then you'd damn well better spell it out to the buyer plain-as-day as to what they're getting into by buying what you're peddling.

71 1200 coupe for $1150 if you can get it out of the hoarders backyard. 

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3726992978.html

Man i would love to have the passenger fender and door off that zx in the backround

The two guys look to be working on a first gen 200sx.

Man i would love to have the passenger fender and door off that zx in the backround

The two guys look to be working on a first gen 200sx.

He's on Ratsun, and I believe will be going to Canby.

He's on Ratsun, and I believe will be going to Canby.

Thats Ranman72 from here hit him up he is parting most of those cars

Thanks you guys ,, yeah i will give him a buzz and see what he says..

We got our ZX  cheeeep from a lady that had put it in a ditch drunk and although i painted it with correct color, it never really matched.. But now it`s been many years and paint now looks more like color matched primer.. <_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.