POST Craigslist ads here...

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I looked at a 1974 Datsun 620 shortbed from Craigslist http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3762344425.html yesterday in Kelso WA. It took me awile to get ahold of the owner because he will only reply to text messages for some reason which I found annoying. The ad is a bit deceiving because he posted pics of the truck when he first bought it (looked really nice in the pics prob $2500 truck at that time now I wouldnt give more than $1000 if that) as it has Oregon plates in the picture and he actually has it registered in wa. Not so bad for you guys that live up there. Anyway the truck is actually up on ramps with the front driveline out and shifter removed. He hacked the exhaust off and had a long chunk of flex tubing attached to a magnaflow fart can muffler hanging off the back of the truck.Oh and the cab and the bed were full of garbage. There is some good to this truck though, headliner is in great shape needs a little cleaning, original seat in good condition, dash has cracks in it but all knobs and instruments are there, door panels are decent, NO RUST IN THE CAB!, the only rust I could see is in the bed along with only a few dings in the whole truck, front bumper was off the truck, it didn't come with a stock  tach in the dash but he found an original tach that goes with, it has an L20B (has a pretty bad knock but it runs)  w/ W58 head in it along with a dogleg 5spd, newer 32/36 weber, and another weber in the front seat, original L18 w/U67 head (looks like valvetrain has minimal wear, valve cover was unbolted) & 4sp goes with it. He says the tires are brand new but they seem to be newer used condition. Anyways I regret not being able to buy it but I am looking for a runner not a project. This would be a great start for someone wanting to build a 620 their own way. I couldn't just leave it in the hands of some one who obviously doesnt have any respect for datsuns at all, it seemed like this kid was nice didn't have a whole lot of ambition, this is why I am posting this so some one can rescue this truck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.