Is this you?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started with the bad habit of not using my mirrors and was just looking over my shoulder. Now I use the mirrors 95% of the time.

I'm much better at backing up a trailer than I used to be. I still suck at it but not as bad as before.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KELMO said:

I started with the bad habit of not using my mirrors and was just looking over my shoulder. Now I use the mirrors 95% of the time.

I'm much better at backing up a trailer than I used to be. I still suck at it but not as bad as before.

PARADIME TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL

The wrong way

The right way.

Any questions? 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Stinky said:

I've seen it done that way....and I confess, I've had times when I've turned the wheel the wrong way and had to re-group .

When I see someone doing that,I just want to have them get out,

& let me do it for them.

I had a car trailer that I kept at my Mom's house,alongside of her

garage.It was uphill,so the trailer would disappear for a short time,when

it was empty.I solved this by putting a few stacked traffic cones on the

LR corner of the trailer.

Ever notice that there's no cars on the street,until you block it while

backing the trailer up? 

• Like 1

Steer the front wheels the opposite direction you want the rear of the trailer to move. Looking down from above, if you want the trailer to move more to the left then steer to the right.

• Like 1

backing  a trailer is easy 

stay off the phone 

only think about actually backing the trailer 

steer the wheels opposite of the way you want the trailer to go

or put your hand on the bottom of the wheel and steer the direction you want the trailer to go 

DONT OVER REACT 

if you suck start as straight as possible and again DONT OVER REACT 

• Like 2

Reminds me of spring break a few years back.  My buddy and me took the jon boat out and had been doing some fishing in the canal.  No drinking but lots of smoking.  The boat ramp we were using was very busy.  We get back to leave and it takes this fool 30 minutes to get the trailer down the ramp.  Im baked so I am just laughing and the people screaming at both of us just made me laugh harder.  I damn near passed out.

With that being said, I am not good at backing them up.  

• Like 1

I learned to back a trailer before I could drive. I had a little beater Boston whaler I bought with my busboy tips when I was 14. My Mom would drive me to the boat ramp and I would back the trailer down the ramp. So I actually learned to drive backwards before driving forward. Anyways the horses. I borrow a utility trailer from a friend who keeps it in his horse pasture. Three horses greet me trying to squeeze through the gate when I enter. So it becomes a game of inches blocking the gate while trying to get the car through without any escapees. I left the window down while doing the gate dance only to have a horse stick his head in and start chewing on the gear selector. Fuckers! I enlisted the help of my wife on the return and sent her in the field with a bag of carrots. The horses instantly recognized the bag and since my wife is not a fan of large animals chasing her I almost missed my gate opportunity from laughing so hard. She was not amused and won't help with carrot duty anymore.

• Haha 1
On 1/16/2024 at 8:58 PM, Ranman72 said:

or put your hand on the bottom of the wheel and steer the direction you want the trailer to go 

This is what works for me.  I have to concentrate initially and think it through.

• Like 1