Things to do in Denver when someone dies

apparently I’m Going to Denver at end of month .. Anyone know shit I could look at ?  Car museums. War museum, Armory museums? Shit like that .. Location is near a place called Lakewood . 

no junkyards.. Since I’m only going to be there Friday night through Sunday night ,, Saturday morning will be mostly doing the corpse party thing .
   I know I “could” ask cousins when I get there,, but it would be nice to plan something ahead of time. 

only taking carry on. 

On a happier note ,,, this is one of the few Midwest in-laws that did not succumb to drugs and/or violence in their death. 

(edit) I should say I can Google ,, I’m looking to not waste my time driving around if stuff there sucks…

I can do dorky if it’s run by people into the experience, if that makes sense . 

thanks ,,, and/or fuck you 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, angliagt said:

Check and see if the Clive Cussler car museum is open.

I think it's in Arvada or Westminster.There's also Sports Car Craftsman

South of there.

@Bananahamuck if you are flying in to DIA, you will cruise westbound right across i70 to get to Lakewood on north side of Denver.  Downtown Denver is kind of a filthy shithole these days, much more crime & LOTS of homeless.  I am in Arvada, nice northern suburb of Denver, just north of i70.  Lakewood is 10min away from me in Arvada.  I forget what Datsun's you have, but I'm a 510 guy, with 1500sq ft hobby shop space FULL of Datsun stuff & with a mini fridge WITH BEER.  If planned out, I can likely get a handful of local Datsun knuckleheads to stop by with their cars on whatever Saturday it is that you are here.  I might be able to get you a tour at my last job (8 years, same building as my shop space), pretty cool vintage race shop with all sorts of cars & 10++ Z cars at any given time, currently one 510 waiting for paint................https://www.facebook.com/IgnitePerformance

I worked at Sports Car Craftsmen for a year on east side of Arvada.  Really cool "cottage industry" style British shop!  All sorts of British crap!  My shop space is 1min drive, right around corner.

Forney Museum right off of i70 north side of Denver (20min from Lakewood)............ https://www.forneymuseum.org/

Cussler Museum on west side of Arvada (north side Denver, maybe 20++min from Lakewood).............https://www.cusslermuseum.com/

There really aren't any old school junkyards around any more, only franchised LKQ's, Pull & Pay's etc.  Some Z cars & 620's at times, NEVER any 510's.

TJ

• Like 3
On 7/16/2023 at 1:41 AM, angliagt said:

Check and see if the Clive Cussler car museum is open.

I think it's in Arvada or Westminster.There's also Sports Car Craftsman

South of there.

I checked,, must be because personal collection,  but its not open days I'm there 

23 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

Drive up to Boulder and see if Mustang museum is open.

21 hours ago, yenpit said:

Yes, the Shelby Museum is killer cool, open SATURDAYS ONLY...............https://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/

i could do a Shelby museum ,, i like old mustangs 

but, i would like more room in my storage container also . 

kK3oA0j.jpg

• Like 7
20 hours ago, angliagt said:

I'd almost forgotten about that one.I was going off of memory,

& thought maybe I had the location wrong.

Is Rallysport still in business?

Yes, Jeff at RallyeSport is still kickin' & is a good buddy!  He has a neat SMALL shop, but always has a cold beer too!  He built the race Z L28 in the green/blue 240Z that Ignite runs nationally, very fast & often a winner! 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

I checked,, must be because personal collection,  but its not open days I'm there 

I have been here 10+ years & have never been.............!! 🙄

52 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

i could do a Shelby museum ,, i like old mustangs 

but, i would like more room in my storage container also . 

kK3oA0j.jpg

I miss my 1965 GT coupe 289 A code 4bbl auto in Springtime Yellow!!  Was just a driver with bondo in rear wheel arches, but was a great cruiser! 😎

• Like 2

I've been there a few times the last few years...there's a lot of fun places to go near Denver;

-Denver Museum of Nature and Science (I liked this a lot more than I thought I would)

-Wings over the Rockies (one of the coolest air museums I've seen. They have a B1 Lancer, which is pretty rad)

If you're willing to get outside of Denver a bit, you should check out;

-Rocky Mountain National Park

-Pikes Peak

-Royal Gorge

-National Museum of World War II Aviation (this place is absolutely amazing. Staff is very nice, and they have great stories about all their aircraft that they love to share.)

-Garden of the Gods

Honestly, Colorado is one of my favorite places I've ever been to. I've been back a few times now, proposed to my wife at the top of the Rocky Mountain National Park last September, and would absolutely love to live there if it was feasible. 

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, metalmonkey47 said:

I've been there a few times the last few years...there's a lot of fun places to go near Denver;

-Denver Museum of Nature and Science (I liked this a lot more than I thought I would)

-Wings over the Rockies (one of the coolest air museums I've seen. They have a B1 Lancer, which is pretty rad)

-Pikes Peak

-Royal Gorge

-National Museum of World War II Aviation (this place is absolutely amazing. Staff is very nice, and they have great stories about all their aircraft that they love to share.)

-Garden of the Gods

Honestly, Colorado is one of my favorite places I've ever been to. I've been back a few times now, proposed to my wife at the top of the Rocky Mountain National Park last September, and would absolutely love to live there if it was feasible. 

Yer giving ME ideas of things to do!!  I've been here in Denver for 10+ years, just work & classic car stuff....................I need to get out in nature more!! 😁

• Like 2
3 hours ago, metalmonkey47 said:

-Pikes Peak

-Royal Gorge

-Garden of the Gods

Relatives live there and Colorado Springs so I’ve been to all of those but air museum as child and as teenager a few times . And yes Colorado is nice but I’m born raised sealevel dude,, it gives me headaches if I stay up in Denver to long .. even as a child 

don’t wanna go to far out this time since I’m just rolling in Friday night ,, carrying large boxes around Saturday and then rolling back out Sunday . 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2
On 7/17/2023 at 6:00 PM, yenpit said:

Yes, Jeff at RallyeSport is still kickin' & is a good buddy!  He has a neat SMALL shop, but always has a cold beer too!  He built the race Z L28 in the green/blue 240Z that Ignite runs nationally, very fast & often a winner! 

Stopped by the a few times.You do remember when I 

dropped of something for you to him?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
23 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

On another note.. Do you think they would frown on “someone” wearing golf shoes , instead of slippery ass leather soles dress shoes?? 

or maybe,, water lawn just a little less?? 

Folks frown all over shit.  Ive worn my golf shoes to the last two funerals I went to.  Only one bitch there had issue.  Several had issue for me eating a pie in the procession during the last one.  It was a fucking 50 minute drive.  Get the fuck over it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 7/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, bananahamuck said:

Relatives live there and Colorado Springs so I’ve been to all of those but air museum as child and as teenager a few times . And yes Colorado is nice but I’m born raised sealevel dude,, it gives me headaches if I stay up in Denver to long .. even as a child 

don’t wanna go to far out this time since I’m just rolling in Friday night ,, carrying large boxes around Saturday and then rolling back out Sunday . 

DRINK WATER, DRINK WATER, DRINK WATER until you pee clear!!! 😝 The human body depletes hydration at altitude, for whatever medical reason, so people get dehydrated & get headaches easily.  It is actually common & called altitude sickness.  I know, beer is better, but the alcohol also depletes the body of hydration!  After 10+ years here from the flatlands of the midwest, I STILL need to keep hydrated!!  I usually know by how bad I feel, that I am dehydrated.  Guzzle lots of water & I usually feel better within an hour.

• Like 3
On 7/18/2023 at 6:16 PM, angliagt said:

Another cool place is Red Rocks Amphitheatre.

Interesting place to visit even when there are no

concerts happening.

http://www.redrocksonline.com

Yes, absolutely!  It is 20min from Arvada & Lakewood.  I've seen lots of exotic car dealerships take cars up there during the day for photo's, cuz the backdrop is incredible views!

• Like 2