Imgur is going the way of Photobucket - May 15th 2023 

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/04/hosting-site-imgur-will-remove-explicit-and-anonymous-content-next-month/

So if you've posted images without using an account for your build threads (like I have) back all your images up as they will be deleting them (and any boobie pics)

Supidass idea if you ask me. Lotsa images hosted across many forums are about to get pooped on. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Well all mine will disappear then.

tear.gif

I've got mine technically backed up somewhere... but too much trouble to reinstate on broken links.

I have all my photos in my computer. Amazon keeps saying I have unlimited photo storage why don't I use it? Are you kidding???? Data storage has never been cheaper. Why would I keep my valuables in someone else's home in some other town???? Well fuck imgur then.

• Like 3
  • 9 months later...

WTF???

What do they mean by "We will be focused on removing old, unused, and inactive content that is not tied to a user account 

I had to create a userID and PW to post my pics - does that mean I have a "user account?"  WTF are they talking about???

Or is a "user account" something I have to pay for?

• Sad 1
On 4/21/2023 at 3:17 PM, wayno said:

As for photos in forums, the future is that the forum needs to host the photos, otherwise they will eventually disappear.

You can upload photos to Ratsun just gotta be bellow 4MB each.  

best510ever.jpg

• Like 2
On 4/21/2023 at 6:20 AM, ]2eDeYe said:

This stuff is why I talked Jeff in to pic upload, also one of the reasons I started doing youtube vids. 

Yep!  We can do it now.  I gotta switch to that way. 

• Like 2