powderfinger

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Audi is going through a lawsuit because their lights are too bright. Brighter than is allowed, and yes, that pisses me off.

Those lights pictured above look like an egg carton. And again, you brought up another perfect point, your eyes should never be drawn to one glaringly obvious thing on a vehicle. Like @Crashtd420's rear smoke stacks... 🤣

Hey at least I have brake lights and turns signals in them...... 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, powderfinger said:

On top of all the terrible LEDs out there, here in the Carolinas we have to deal with idiots doing this to their trucks without adjusting their headlights.

That’s just the idiots here in North Carolina that can’t afford the rest of the lift kit. They did just outlaw that here.

1 hour ago, NC85ST said:

That’s just the idiots here in North Carolina that can’t afford the rest of the lift kit. They did just outlaw that here.

As I understand it, the look came from desert racing. Ever seen a trophy truck accelerating? The sheer amount of horsepower combined with the soft suspension and massive traction push the front end to the moon. That look was big here in CA as early as the '90s on street driven Toyota trucks.

Also, almost every truck built comes with the nose lower than the rear, so you can actually haul things. Then guys install leveling kits to make the truck sit flat. Then when you put anything in the bed, the nose ends up  higher than the rear.

You have to pay to play. Or you'll end up with something that barely equals the performance of your stock lamps or a periah on the highway. For LEDs I found that you want to spend about $200s a lamp for any hope of a quality improvement. There is a lot of crap out there, a LOT OF CRAP!!!!

Go to you tube, there are shows that compare quality lamps showing their true lumens output and more important, the beam pattern. Don't be that other guy.

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Go to you tube, there are shows that compare quality lamps showing their true lumens output and more important, the beam pattern. Don't be that other guy.

That's why I posted the YouTube link, they included the Phillips. I really think the Phillips seem to hold their own against the more expensive ones. Guess I am going to have to just try them out to see. I'll likely give the low beams a shot first to see how they do. Will cost a little extra in shipping to buy low and high beam separate but I think I would rather do that than buy all 4 at once and take the chance they are disappointing. Not sure if RockAuto would let me return them simply because I don't like them lol.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

At least it's consistent across the test subjects. If Amazon allows BS, I mean BS this bad, this means all things are suspect. It's the same with batteries.

Kidding? Amazon is more like Chinazon these days. Can't hardly find anything name brand. Everything is Shingzong, Zangwang, and Rongchong. Get your pewter drill bits and pleather work boots next day!

Edited by thisismatt
  • Like 1
On 4/30/2023 at 7:00 PM, datzenmike said:

Here's just a few of the bloated output claims for filament and LED replacement bulbs. 

Lol, I had just watched that when it came out too. Very eye opening.

2 hours ago, Wildcat Walker said:

Anyone seen this style of Phillips lamp in the round size for 620? I was using the BMW Projectors with an HID, but I never did like the depth of the projector housings. 

Holley makes round LEDs in small and large sizes. They look like stock lamps, which is what makes them cool.