Weddings

I was talking to a female friend tonight and her 20 yoa daughter.

They came to my daughter's wedding.  They asked how did I like it....blah, Ok, so-so.  WHAT, Tony had a great time (her hubby).

We then had a discussion based on my statement that men have a different view of weddings.  Whereas, a woman thinks thinks it is a most wonderful occurence ever, and a man, not so much, if at all.

Am I making it up?

For instance, what is the dif between a funeral and a wedding....the victim is standing  up.

What food causes weight gain and loss of libido....wedding cake.

Women do NOT find those funny...men think that they are sad.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been honestly happily married 16 years. It's when the shit hits the fan when you realize whether you have the right one or not. As far as the ceremony it is basically putting a man in front of all his relatives and friends plus his wife's relatives and friends and swearing in front of all he will not go looking for a little something on the side.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Stinky said:

We then had a discussion based on my statement that men have a different view of weddings.  Whereas, a woman thinks thinks it is a most wonderful occurence ever, and a man, not so much, if at all.

Am I making it up?

Nail on the head. I do think men see it differently. First marriage was church, friends and family, dinner, drive around, party. There's nothing to prepare you for the dreaded awkwardness, ceremony and custom of it all. I felt so out of place. Maybe girls are brought up to dream of the perfect wedding and guys... meh!

My second wedding was really an elopement package  and a getaway after 24 years living together and that is now 10 years ago. With few expectations yet everything was perfect, location on a local beach resort, (off season) weather, witness, JP and photographer... even my Datsun for driving around in. Absolutely the best wedding ever for so little put into it. Was I looking forward to it? sort of, it was an interesting experience but more fulfilling and satisfying looking back on it after and remembering that is was a good idea after all.  

• Like 1

I think you hit the nail on the head....or excatly what I was thinking.  Not so much of being married, but the wedding itself.

"Maybe girls are brought up to dream of the perfect wedding and guys... meh!"

Boys want to be warriors, and girls want to be princesses.

• Like 1

I was very fortunate to find the right one.We paid for almost all

of our wedding by ourselves.Went to Victoria,BC,& then to Lake Tahoe for

our honeymoon in our '77 Toyota pickup.Had $5 to get home on,with no

credit cards.

She's allowed me to have dozens of cars over the years,& we'll 

have been married for 45 years in May (if she doesn't wise up by then).

With my recent hand surgery,she's taken care of me,& kept all of

my medications,IV injections,& medical appointments straight.I wouldn't

want to be married to me.

What really irritates me are the girls that just HAVE TO HAVE their

"Dream Wedding" that cost Mommy & Daddy tens of thousands of dollars,

& demand that their parents pay for it.Most of them seem to end up divorced

in a short time.

• Like 6

I think there are outgoing people who truly enjoy a large wedding with all the reception festivities.  I'm not outgoing, but I can get into those weddings just because the people are so lively, especially if they have an open bar 😉

Personally, we had a small wedding with basically just a dinner for the reception...no dancing, no speeches, etc

• Like 3

my wife and I did a fairly large wedding approx 300 people family and friends on both sides 

we did the planning with parents help, we picked out some rings a cake and a reception hall

the wedding was in a church free of charge as well as the bishop who did the ceremony 

the reception hall i have no idea what it cost 

we had a caterer and dancing till late in the evening 

we went to Santa Cruz for 3 days for our honeymoon and camping for 4 more days 

that was 32.5 years ago and she still puts up with me 

we have 1 daughter now 29 and doing good 

i have 4 datsuns 1 nissan and 2 fords and she tells me she loves me almost everyday 

• Like 4
On 11/10/2022 at 9:26 AM, Crashtd420 said:

I guess I got lucky when my wife said she didn't want a big wedding...

She said couldn't we just get married in vegas.....

My response was, that's an option?

Best decision, no need to start a marriage in debt. We have been married 15 years so we did something right....

My wife also surprised the shit out of me with she said she wanted to go to Vegas, as well.  We also bought a house with savings instead of a big wedding. 

35 years for me and her in June, but we've been together 40 years now. 

• Like 3