Release The Kraken ...

Skib

I did have a '68 510 but don't remember if it was that car or not, but the trim ran in a trough in the rubber. When removed the rubber was floppy and barely supported the glass in place. It was a long long time ago, 40 something years ago.

21 is great weather for working out doors!!!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Still just working on little stuff here and there....

unfortunately the dyno time I was supposed to have here soon is set back because the tuner tore his ACL

dwDOuBX.jpg

Did build some exhaust for it though, the stuff the PO had on there was lazy and hung way low and drug just in my driveway.

c5uourN.jpg

Got some 2.5in mandrel bent tucked up pretty nicely. 

g8CQJ3d.jpg

Nice to have some ground clearance lol 

• Like 6
On 2/7/2022 at 11:05 AM, ArchetypeDatsun said:

What made you go with 2.5 instead of a 3"?

Downpipe is already 2.5

Also at the power levels I'm making the actual difference between 2.5 and 3 is incredibly negligible,

you wouldn't notice the difference at all, and 3in takes up more space in an already challenging area to tuck exhaust.

Id wager its like a ~15hp difference tops...  which I could more than make up for with a touch more boost, a cleaner tune... or even timing changes.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:36 PM, Skib said:

Downpipe is already 2.5

Also at the power levels I'm making the actual difference between 2.5 and 3 is incredibly negligible,

you wouldn't notice the difference at all, and 3in takes up more space in an already challenging area to tuck exhaust.

Id wager its like a ~15hp difference tops...  which I could more than make up for with a touch more boost, a cleaner tune... or even timing changes.

FWIW, on mine switching from 2.25" to 3" was good for 27hp, and 18tq, running 16psi. With less boost, I doubt the gains would be worthwhile. 

And it was so damn loud I probably wouldn't do it again if I had the chance. 2.5" would have been better (for me). I was eventually running two mufflers and it was still too loud. 

I've too little experience with exhaust to know for sure, but I've been told that thicker pipe on exhaust can help quite a bit with volume, but I've also read that larger pipe is always louder than equivalent smaller diameter, no matter what.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:49 AM, datsunfreak said:

FWIW, on mine switching from 2.25" to 3" was good for 27hp, and 18tq, running 16psi. With less boost, I doubt the gains would be worthwhile. 

And it was so damn loud I probably wouldn't do it again if I had the chance. 2.5" would have been better (for me). I was eventually running two mufflers and it was still too loud. 

Im going to run prob 9-12lbs

and yes noise lol Its got volume but Im deff not in need of an obnoxiously loud car.

• Like 1

Been stagnate on tuning since my wideband took a shit.

Prob just the sensor but it came with an AEM set up when I got it, no idea how old it is ect so I just got a new LC2 set up for it.

I can get back to work now....

nITZLiM.jpg

I also did some good ol fashion hood art.... but Im waiting to get some clear shot on it before I post it lol

• Like 2

Got some clear on the hood, get it mounted up tomorrow finally.

9zRKHLW.jpg

got the new wideband in and calibrated.

but still have some tuning work to do...

did some logs, it hits boost and is just dropping the injector pulse width. not sure what thats about yet.

oWkbAvj.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, Skib said:

Got some clear on the hood, get it mounted up tomorrow finally.

9zRKHLW.jpg

got the new wideband in and calibrated.

but still have some tuning work to do...

did some logs, it hits boost and is just dropping the injector pulse width. not sure what thats about yet.

oWkbAvj.png

Dude... that hood looks fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, Dguy210 said:

Dude... that hood looks fucking awesome.

See you space cowboy.......

30 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I remember a Samurai on the underside of your 620 hood.

had the samurai rising sun ]2edeye printed a wrap for me since i ran out of time to paint it lol

put it on at the show.... which as i recall you where fashionably late too lol

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hobospyder said:

i was watching the live action when you posted it on insta

first anime i ever saw and still one of my favourites

Its deff my favorite.  The live action was pretty decent, it at least wasnt the let down that ghost in the shell live action was.... such wasted potential 

• Like 1
On 2/18/2022 at 9:16 PM, Skib said:

had the samurai rising sun ]2edeye printed a wrap for me since i ran out of time to paint it lol

put it on at the show.... which as i recall you where fashionably late too lol

That hood is hanging in my shed next to my louvered hood with flames from 1lo620's choptop, awaiting a shop wall to hang on, one day...

4 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

That hood is hanging in my shed next to my louvered hood with flames from 1lo620's choptop, awaiting a shop wall to hang on, one day...

Im glad it wound up with someone better.... selling that truck did not work out ideally.