Release The Kraken ...

Skib

tenor.gif

Ok so, gotta back up here a little bit. I haven't posted in a very long time.
Why? partly due to various updates to the forums messed with my account a while back and it was never quite the same since;
also, I really haven't had any note worthy project for quite a long time... 

With the way Datsun prices have been the last few years, especially in CA Iv been basically priced right the fuck out of doing anything cool.

But while I was working in the Artic I came across one for sale and managed to have it still be there when I got home, went and picked it up the next day and here we are....

My new 1970 240Z with an L28et...

bZ7TzB4.jpg

A2UbiaF.jpg

rEdNbhg.jpg

A total cluster fuck of bad PO work and lord knows what else, but I'm off work for the rest of the year so I'm blowing it completely apart and unfucking all the hacked to death stock stuff and poorly executed modifications. 

puQ57qn.jpg

10C9sLG.jpg

Some of you have been around long enough to remember my original L28et 240Z, I still have parts off that car Id saved "for the next one"|
Turned out... I wouldn't be able to get another one to keep for myself for another 12 years 😂

bRgpjib.jpg

• Like 6
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Skib said:

tenor.gif

Ok so, gotta back up here a little bit. I haven't posted in a very long time.
Why? partly due to various updates to the forums messed with my account a while back and it was never quite the same since;
also, I really haven't had any note worthy project for quite a long time... 

Well maybe you should come round more often. After 7 years I could have to legally pronounced dead.

Turned out... I wouldn't be able to get another one to keep for myself for another 12 years 😂

When your dept to society is paid???

But yes, very good to see you posting.

5 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

Great to see you back!!  

Artic?  WTF??  I don't want to clutter your car thread, so if you post somewhere else as to what you've been up to, please point me there. 🙂

lol here ya go Mike, a thread just for you 😂

• Like 2

got it all gutted, fixing wiring, rerouting a lot of poorly done harness and fuel system work ect...

MXGP5yO.jpg

k7qetOt.jpg

ntTLOa5.jpg

3J4KgL0.jpg

way to much shit like this....
padvA6u.jpg

waiting for a few parts for now so cleaning up as much as I can in the mean time

ay6beoD.jpg

making use of the POs butter knife cut holes for speakers for battery relocation and a 50cal can makes a good sealed box top
just self tapped in place for mock up atm
OCugxcT.jpg

DnXb2xI.jpg

EYhpFpz.jpg

AObRyS9.jpg

And got some work done on a buddies 69 C10
5CmNhyH.jpg

• Like 2

Been re doing all the engine bay harness stuff too.

New injector plugs, love switching to the push clip style plugs.

8Lou5u7.jpg

The PO put in 440cc injectors... which came out with a slight bump of the rail...
It looks like they tried to just hose clamp on some ebay 11mm o-ring injectors...

8UgBXOe.jpg

Picked up some rebuilt factory injectors bumped up to 370cc

w5ET8Lm.jpg

no idea where dude got the engine from, but someone did a bunch of modification to the intake and cam cover...

xBJ5Sfx.jpg
tp8KOLp.jpg

engine bay is cleaning up pretty nicely though
6z11cdR.jpg

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Lockleaf said:

What's the stock application of those plugs?

They are a basic bosch plug that got used on all sorts of GM stuff, Audi, Volvo ect.

The Napa part number for those is 2-18457, they used to be cheaper but they are about $17 a pop these days 😨

Heres a sticky I made on it in 2009, has some more part numbers ect

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My heater blower motor was also shot, not to mention they take up a lot of space.
And on top of that heater cores are basically NLA. So I picked up an aftermarket under dash heater.

5kiP96z.jpg

Did some chopping on them both to fit part of the factory box to it so I can keep all the factory ducting.

SWi2fQi.jpg

o9GlZS7.jpg

y17kLPM.jpg

Dash back in, bit more wiring to sort there and needs all the cracks and warping sorted so I can fit a dash cap on it
AYXnbgk.jpg

• Like 6

To fix a weak fan issue, I've always wondered if booster fans before the vents would help.

Bilge fans are 12v and come in 3 inch diameter.  Never tried the idea though.  Might still be too much real estate to fit them

image.png.95f6d5ba1d628740fbf4862fdb623041.png

Just now, datzenmike said:

Looks nice but it's drawing cabin air not outside air isn't it? Maybe some dryer vent hose up to the plenum? You could maybe try that bilge pump in line?

yeah it no longer pulls outside air.

Its deff not a perfect replacement but I really just need the defrost to work when I need it.