Who's bringin what to Canby?

BEEBANI

I think your talking about the wannabe minitrucker crowd, you know the ones im talking about. The 18 year old kids with the s10's and a bunch of bolt ons. Real minitruckers are just like you, classic car guys, and hot rodders. You cant generalize a whole scene by a few ignorant assholes, that are only into to try and be cool.

My bad Dwight, didn't mean to generalize!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your talking about the wannabe minitrucker crowd, you know the ones im talking about. The 18 year old kids with the s10's and a bunch of bolt ons. Real minitruckers are just like you, classic car guys, and hot rodders. You cant generalize a whole scene by a few ignorant assholes, that are only into to try and be cool.

Dwight. I want to agree with you, and fundamentally I do. My experience has been the minitruck show cause a lot of hassle for the venue and the community it is in. Result is, many are having an increasingly harder time finding a venue.

I've been into mini's since like '85. I'm with you. I just wish the events were a little more on par with other events I go to with regard to stewardship for the hosts.

I'm glad your getting started on your truck Redeye. You best be posting it in the project section :)

I agree with you guys about the s10 dudes. It kinda goes for any bolt on croud, aka honda kids, now switching over to nissan :( I'm not going to go in to detail, to much work. Hehe

Dude James and his buddys made it last year from California. I don't know exactly where from though.

I've got the OK from my wife that we go to Canby this year, wahoo! I'm trying to round up some like minded BC folk as we speak. Steve, when can we register for hotels and the like?

I would advise getting hotel reservations now. There are a couple in Caby and the Portland area of course there are plenty!

Also, there will be on-site camping at the event. But, as someone on here found out last year, there is no drinking at the event or in the camping area. We have no control over that.

Jason, if you need any assistance, or want a hotel recommendation, I can get you anything you need.

I really want Canby '07 to be even better than '06!

Steve, I'd love some advice on a good motel, preferrably within walking distance to the show. I'm trying to convince my friend Byron to come and bring his wife and daughter also, but, we won't be camping this time. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Man I wish I knew how to rebuild motors, my life would be good. I am planning o going to Canby this year, But, like last year probly not until late Saturday or Sunday morning. I have one of those crazy jobs where I work Saturdays. And I choose taking days off very carefully, so I can hit some major car shows..no disrespect to Canby. It was a cool show, and I will be there Sunday for sure...I hope to have my new truck up and running by then. SO dont freak truck guys, my show truck is staying home...been there done that...

Im totally considering it. My only drawback is going to be work. I dont have my schedule for that month but I am assuming I will be working that Friday and Monday and taking time off is unfortunately out of the question this year. I would have to drive 10 hrs Fri and leave Sun for the trip home. If it dosent work out this year Im in next year for sure!

2eDeYe;1163']Gonna give some other fellas a shot at the trophy eh? :D

Are you bringing a 620?

I have a new 620 that I am working on, I hope to have it up and running soon. I would like to make it by Golden Gardens we will see...So the truck class will be wide open.

• 4 years later...

im brining my 610. :D

And yes i know this thread is 4 years old :lol: :fu:

• Like 1

A few friends and I will be bringing a minivan with what I'm 100% sure will be completely full of Datsun goodies including 510 carpet kits, emblems, badges, weather stipping, rat-n-wrenches stickers, and many more misc Datsun related goodies so come on out to the swap meet!!! :)