Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, iceman510 said:

Essentially showing the truly unhinged nature of those who obsess over everything about Trump (showing their TDS).

Starting a pool. Pick the day it gets disappeared with bonus the artist gets his face reconfigured. 5:1 disappeared 10:1 artist facial reconfigured + art disappeared. 

BTW, called it yesterday TDS’rs all wanna look at trumps ding dong. 

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ding dong? at best it's 'barely' a ding.

On 10/2/2024 at 5:12 PM, datzenmike said:

Knocking politicians is what we do here. It's what I do here. Next to baseball? and Wheel of Fortune, it's America's Game. That statue is great satire. If anyone is offended it just shows that you would never survive as a politician, and that's a good thing?

In keeping with perceived 'obsession' here's more:

On 10/1/2024 at 4:45 PM, datzenmike said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, jbirds510 said:

Starting a pool. Pick the day it gets disappeared with bonus the artist gets his face reconfigured. 5:1 disappeared 10:1 artist facial reconfigured + art disappeared. 

Donny Smallberries buys it. Impressed by the sculptor's rather generous proportioning of his phallus, he displays it at Mara Lago to awe young ladies around the pool.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

This is Cuz being triggered by free speech isn't tolerated in the MAGA reconstitution's 1st amendment? Vegas odds are 0:1. The sculpture is touring through every swing state this month. Will it change anyones vote? I doubt it, but it is good for a laugh if you don't take this shit serious.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1

Never saw it but the hype was real. I didn't see the Exorcist when it came out and the hype and carrying on was insane. People fucked up from watching it, carried out on stretchers? Again probably PR BS but it was there. Very talked about. I did see it till many years later and..... shrug. What was the fuss all about? Like most experiences, the first was the most memorable. Later it becomes much more blasé.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Underrated flick. Huge in the 80s. Seems largely forgotten these days. I remember old timers being offended by the Stones being played graveside. Different era.

Agreed, it was a thought provoking existential look at death from the perspective of that generation. Even great self reflected movies seem to have a limited shelf life. If you want to see what that looked like 50 yrs before Chill, check out On Borrowed Time (1939). Same humor/drama irony thing, and a very different era from ours. Looking back, I think in the 80s, we were still a bit more focused on what's important, and less distracted by what isn't. In terms of meaningful self reflection these days, that ship has sailed, and again, a very different era from ours. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tr8er said:

Hey Paradime.  What’s the term for working through all the right emotions but applying them to the wrong subject or issue?  

Unicognidissonism. noun: universalizing internal rationalizations made from deep cognitive dissonance.

Example: your brain fart just unicognidissonismed the meaning of the point I made.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, tr8er said:

Hey Paradime.  What’s the term for working through all the right emotions but applying them to the wrong subject or issue?  

Also see PTSD: symptoms include: projecting one's own anxious internal state of being onto others; such as shifting their own symptoms of TDS onto liberals. 

• Thanks 1
On 9/30/2024 at 3:31 PM, john510 said:

I don't care for wine but that two buck chuck (forgot the name stuff was better than 20 a dollar bottle. To me wine is great for cooking with. Buy reasonably priced Vodka and run it through a charcoal water filter. You get high end stuff then. It works.

I saw that water filter idea on Youtube, but haven't tried it. The expensive Russian Vodka is very smooth with a bit at the end that will make you exhale quickly (not the Russians,  they drink it like water) American "high dollar" (to me, stuff over $100 a bottle, old $100, my internal money understanding has not grasp the weakness of the dollar. One reason why everything and I mean everything seems crazy expensive. $100k for a new truck. My wife took her car in to have the AC fixed $2k. Filling up my truck is always over $100 and I do not have any special doublecab double tank dully monster, simple Ram 1500. ) The aforementioned have been price climbing and "too much" for a good number of years, but in the last few, they have reached "too damn much" and have entered  "Are you out your fucking mind?" prices. 

Anyway, the American high dollar vodka is two face, sorta smooth but you scrunch up your face, when it first passes the lips, only for a second and then relax your face for the quick exhale. The American low dollar Vodka is all face scrunch, normal or cut off exhale. The more expensive the Vodka, the less face scrunch, the more face relax deep the exhale.

I should publish this, The Idaho Vodka Quality Scale. The three tiered system for Vodka evaluation: face scrunch, exhale, and price (included in price will be proof) I recommend 100 proof Vodka over lesser, as the cost differential is almost always less than the proof differential.  

• Like 2

So just a quick break from the 2 cocksuckers running for pres. At 53 I am healthy and really had 0 experience with the Healthcare system until a couple of months ago when an elderly relative hurt themselves and I was thrown into the mix. Short story relative went in the hospital after falling off a ladder. Things slowly went downhill until he called a friend that was on  the board of directors another hospital. He got transferred and given top notch care. Wonderful! But the realization hit that if he did not have the friend and money he would have been destined to die. I am glad he is on the road to recovery but anyone off the street would have a totally different outcome. This is a whole new world to me that I didn't know existed but Man our healthcare system is corrupt and seriously fucked up. My wife and I pay for our insurance through my work. They take the money just fine but my wife tries to make a claIn. DENIED@