Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, john510 said:

Remember it's not the personality it's the results. Also who got rich in politics or got rich as a private citizen. There's nothing to research really. We were better off before Biden. At least those of us without TDS were. Maybe I have BDS ? 

Maybe you have BDS because you've researched nothing?

Who got rich in politics?

Biden earned $17.3 million in book sails, consulting, and speaking fees over the four years he was out of office. Now in office his net worth is $8 million.

Trump says he's a billionaire. While out of office, he's been hounding his MUCH lower income supporters for money. Groups in his political network reported spending $130 million in donor funds to pay his lawyer fees from 4 felony indictments. No research is needed to find the list of 91 charges and the evidence stacked up against him because it's well documented and accessible. He's play's his role as the victim for all its worth, and his donor money keeps rolling in.

Trump inherited a strong economy from Obama after he had to clean up from Bush completely shitting the bed. With free money fed interests rates at 0% and lowering the top income tax, how much did Trump's fiscal policies have to pay for his results? He added $8.2 trillion to the deficit, up by 40.43%, and grew the economy at an annualized rate of 2.6%, and a 4.1% increase in unemployment.

Biden inherited an economy crippled by CV-19, unemployment was 6.7%, small businesses and supply chains were decimated, and inflation climbed to 8.9%. With a 5.25% increase in the fed rate, inflation is now at 3.24% and falling. So far, Biden's added $1.84 trillion to the debt, up by 6.33%, and grew the economy at the same annualized rate of 2.6%, unemployment is at 3.5% and he didn't raise income tax to do it.

Saying things were better under Trump might be true, and at the same time, it's also a completely senseless comparison and desperately short sighted. All things considered, it looks like whoever has their hand up Joe's ass is doing a great... meat puppet act. 

to me. 

On 12/10/2023 at 5:13 PM, paradime said:

Maybe you have BDS because you've researched nothing?

Who got rich in politics?

Biden earned $17.3 million in book sails, consulting, and speaking fees over the four years he was out of office. Now in office his net worth is $8 million.

Trump says he's a billionaire. While out of office, he's been hounding his MUCH lower income supporters for money. Groups in his political network reported spending $130 million in donor funds to pay his lawyer fees from 4 felony indictments. No research is needed to find the list of 91 charges and the evidence stacked up against him because it's well documented and accessible. He's play's his role as the victim for all its worth, and his donor money keeps rolling in.

Trump inherited a strong economy from Obama after he had to clean up from Bush completely shitting the bed. With free money fed interests rates at 0% and lowering the top income tax, how much did Trump's fiscal policies have to pay for his results? He added $8.2 trillion to the deficit, up by 40.43%, and grew the economy at an annualized rate of 2.6%, and a 4.1% increase in unemployment.

Biden inherited an economy crippled by CV-19, unemployment was 6.7%, small businesses and supply chains were decimated, and inflation climbed to 8.9%. With a 5.25% increase in the fed rate, inflation is now at 3.24% and falling. So far, Biden's added $1.84 trillion to the debt, up by 6.33%, and grew the economy at the same annualized rate of 2.6%, unemployment is at 3.5% and he didn't raise income tax to do it.

Saying things were better under Trump might be true, and at the same time, it's also a completely senseless comparison and desperately short sighted. All things considered, it looks like whoever has their hand up Joe's ass is doing a great... meat puppet act. 

to me. 

Are you filling in for Karine Jean-Pierre ? LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, paradime said:

All you came up with was a quote from Tucker Carlson ? LOL 

Tucker Carlson said that ? I didn't know that. And my reference to politicians getting rich was not at all directed only at Biden. There are so many others. Admitting things were better under Trump is a step in the right direction. Claiming there was a 4.1% increase in unemployment because of Trump is BS and you know it. Like Biden's claims he's created millions of jobs since taking over. Those jobs were already there and waiting for people to get back to work. That was a Covid thing that wasn't to be controlled by anybody. Who was it that shut us down long term ? I don't recall it being Trump's idea. Inflation at 3.24% ? Laughable. When it was nearly 10% for so long 3.24% is no accomplishment. I use the 10% number cautiously because reality tells me it was probably 20% or more. When a $3.25 2X4 went up to $8.00 I think somebody may have failed at basic math when they came up with the numbers.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, john510 said:

Tucker Carlson said that ? I didn't know that. And my reference to politicians getting rich was not at all directed only at Biden. There are so many others. Admitting things were better under Trump is a step in the right direction. Claiming there was a 4.1% increase in unemployment because of Trump is BS and you know it. Like Biden's claims he's created millions of jobs since taking over. Those jobs were already there and waiting for people to get back to work. That was a Covid thing that wasn't to be controlled by anybody. Who was it that shut us down long term ? I don't recall it being Trump's idea. Inflation at 3.24% ? Laughable. When it was nearly 10% for so long 3.24% is no accomplishment. I use the 10% number cautiously because reality tells me it was probably 20% or more. When a $3.25 2X4 went up to $8.00 I think somebody may have failed at basic math when they came up with the numbers.

When the conversation was comparing TDS vs BDS we both know who you were directing it at. At the same time, you ignore that Trump is defending his personal criminal behavior with his donors money like it's his personal income.

Given the economic disaster of CV-19, saying things were better under Trump is complete BS. There was a 4.1% increase in unemployment from when Trump took office. When Biden took office, unemployment was 6.7%. As I said, it did go higher, and now it's at 3.24%. If you think this is BS and have data to prove your claims, please share it.

Last time I checked, the rate of inflation was not based on the price of 2X4s. I just checked, and at the Home Depot where I live, 8 ft 2X4s are ‎$3.25. The last time I bought one 2 years ago, they were $2.89, so WTF are you and Mike talking about? 

Edited by paradime
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I'll check next time I'm in town. It may have gone down. A 4x8 x3/4 veneer plywood was about $80 and the guy getting it out said they hadn't put the new prices on it yet and I got a deal. The new price was $128.

Full disclosure. What was the substrate, species and thickness of the top veneer?

Edited by paradime
3 hours ago, paradime said:

Full disclosure. What was the substrate, species and thickness of the top veneer?

It has a nice grain looks like oak. Nice caramel color when wiped down with Teak oil, or what they call or passes for Teak oil these days. No more than 1/16"

11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I'll check next time I'm in town. It may have gone down. A 4x8 x3/4 veneer plywood was about $80 and the guy getting it out said they hadn't put the new prices on it yet and I got a deal. The new price was $128.

Yes wood prices went back down. But not back down to what they were.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

That's cheap compared to Marine plywood. I end up keeping smaller and smaller pieces of scrap. Pretty soon I might start saving the dust!

Yup, at the height I passed a house under construction and scraps were in a large dumpster. I commented that they should have a security guard.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, datzenmike said:

It has a nice grain looks like oak. Nice caramel color when wiped down with Teak oil, or what they call or passes for Teak oil these days. No more than 1/16"

Teak oil has a reddish brown stain in it to make other woods look like teak. On oak it brings the the grain out a bit, but the wood stays a pale yellow beige. Does yours look like this pict? It's got unfinished red oak in the foreground, and behind is red oak finished in the real toxic teak oil with 15% oil base lacquer.

OakOilFin.jpg

I 'inherited' an L shaped computer console, probably Ikea. I kept the metal legs and cut the 4'x8' lengthwise. Run 2'x8' along one wall with 2"x4" support and a 2'x4' along the other call. Used legs to support it. Massively increased area to 24 sq. ft.  There was leftover so I made a shelf for the cats to sleep on and look out the window.

The Teak oil only slightly darkened to caramel. I wiped on with rag and rubbed it in. Second coat later. Dries almost right away. It's likely 1% Teak and 99% linseed.

On 12/12/2023 at 4:52 PM, datzenmike said:

Same here in BC where wood grows on trees. A utility grade 2x4 was a couple of bucks. I bought three and checked the receipt when I got home... basically $9. EACH!!!!!!!!!

Same here and goes double for steel. I buy and use scrap metal often. My recent "fantastic deal" on galvanized 1 5/8 top rail was a dollar a foot, which, in today's market is a damn fine price. I put the fantastic deal in quotes, because I purchased the same top rail 4 years back at .50 cents a pound (They ain't heavy)works out to a 3-4x jump in price. To add insult to injury, I was lucky to find it! All the local scrap yards are selling in bulk to China and lots are about picked clean.

And I have mentioned it before, but the fuckery of nominal vs actual dimensions, is a rock in my shoe. 2x4's not really 2x4. I bought a new 22x30 tarp, it arrives 22x27.7. I get the necessity of measuring tube differently than pipe, but the rest of it is horseshit.