• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... and that 'shit' ain't cheap either, but, yuppies or w/e passes for yuppies today have to be seen going to and getting to work with their fashion accessory Starbucks coffee cup.

Years ago I got a gift basket with designer coffees and biscotti and in the bottom was a Starbucks mug. I used it at home for years with anything but Starbucks coffee in it. Says Made in China on the bottom so I stopped using it because no telling what the fuck industrial waste is in it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I've never had a good experience at Starbucks. Putrid burnt acidic garbage and that's just the other customers. 

It's either bitter burnt or sour as hell. And don't get me started on their bs "throw every spice and syrop" options, you can't even taste the coffee in those

• Like 1

I got a Keurig machine from Costa for $100 that has a large refillable pod.  I can use any coffee I want and make it as strong as my ass will handle. There's a commercial roasting facility a few blocks from our house that has an outlet where they sell 5 lb. bags of "unnamed" coffee for $39. That'll last me and my daughter about 2 and a half months (wife drinks tea).  I have no idea what the brand name is but it's consistent, super fresh, costs me about $.26 a cup, and has a full rich flavor. You know, almost exactly how Starbucks artisan blended cat piss doesn't. 

https://www.costco.com/keurig-k-supreme-plus-special-edition-single-serve-coffee-maker%2c-with-18-k-cup-pods.product.4000065675.html

I buy cheap Folgers drip coffee and make mine in a French press. (If I was in the states would it be called a Freedom Press????) I use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon and nuke the water for 2:00 in the summer and 2:22 in the winter. The water pipes are not buried deep here and water is warmer in summer, colder in the winter. I have an egg timer set so I can feed the cats and w/e while it brews. Is it the best coffee?? no but it's the best with what I have. It's as strong as I like and nothing like Starbucks. Fuck buying $15 a pound beans and grinding them fresh, too much work and way too pretentious. I have simple tastes. The cats would smirk anyway.    

22 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The cats would smirk anyway.    

Judgey cunts...

Our semi adopted street cat sits outside and eyeballs me at 4am when I'm making coffee before work. I'm a proper snob with my own grinder and espresso machine. It's my one addiction so I'm enjoying it. Be fucked what the cat thinks of me. Doesn't stop the bastard from sitting on the outdoor table and pushing shit off one by one if I take too long to go out and feed him.

Fine, you guys keep talking about COFFEE!!  I'm bored.  I wanna hear more bad stuff about the world & politics!! 😆

If anybody orders coffee online, two of our customers are invested in Drive Coffee (local here in Denver).............https://www.drivecoffee.com/

They picked up as F1's "official coffee" about 2 years ago, so things are going well for them!

1 hour ago, Str8jacket said:

Judgey cunts...

Our semi adopted street cat sits outside and eyeballs me at 4am when I'm making coffee before work. I'm a proper snob with my own grinder and espresso machine. It's my one addiction so I'm enjoying it. Be fucked what the cat thinks of me. Doesn't stop the bastard from sitting on the outdoor table and pushing shit off one by one if I take too long to go out and feed him.

Mine are indoor but the neighbor's cat from across the street is a piece of work. I come home and he's sitting on my cushion sleeping in the sun. If hot he sleeps under my 710 and only comes out to get a snack bird from the feeder. I'm sure he could jump higher but his balls are so big and heavy.

XSP8T47.jpg

I think his name is Spinnaker but we call him Zeeto for tuxedo.

He cool as shit and when he walks away he doesn't look back.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, yenpit said:

Fine, you guys keep talking about COFFEE!!  I'm bored.  I wanna hear more bad stuff about the world & politics!! 😆

If anybody orders coffee online, two of our customers are invested in Drive Coffee (local here in Denver).............https://www.drivecoffee.com/

They picked up as F1's "official coffee" about 2 years ago, so things are going well for them!

Don't worry....Biden will do something stupid shortly.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, angliagt said:

Don't worry....Biden will do something stupid shortly.

Or worse, maybe after the midterms America has gotten burnt out on politics and has gone back to talking about ass gerbils, coffee making, and stray cats like the old days because it's more tangible and interesting. Holy shit, how unpatriotic. 

I'll bet Biden grinds his own dark roast Kopi luwak monkey poop coffee beans, brews it in a Ukrainian jezves pot, and drinks it out of Richard Gere's gerbil cavity.  Cuz Merca bitches.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've never had any of the Starbucks, or any of the other ubiquitous vendors that populate almost every corner here, (at least the ones that the weed vendors haven't claimed); prior to the Biden war on America's economy I could make a pot of coffee for around 43 cents, now it's probably around 66 but still far cheaper.

AZ has fully committed to the fraud at all cost, with Cochise County going on record to certify the election under duress due to being threatened with felony arrest if they balked.  When you have one of the candidates running for office who is actually in charge of the election, and doesn't debate or answer any questions, you'd have to be blind or stupid not to admit what's going on.  And if they ever gave a millimeter on the fraud here, it would reflect on 2020 as well, cause we can all read the blank page on that, too.

That's probably the reason Joe is spouting shit about all semi-autos, they realize they're about this close from things going really pear-shaped.

• Like 3

Folgers done right is no Joke. The Joke for me is the irony of snobbery with recently post pubescent hipsters who's beans haven't dropped thinking they're a coffee expert because they pay $25 a pound for coffee that tastes like a cremated donkey's ass. Shit, my coffee addiction is older than these tender newbs. Plain and simple, at this point in my life it's about the caffeine, and strong cheep good tasting coffee has just as much of my drug of choice as expensive crap. As I see it, this its about going faster, so the same reasoning applies to building my SR20 510 vs buying a sports car with the same level of performance. I'd be spending 10X the money to get the same amount of fastness reward, and it still wouldn't be a Datsun, so fuck that noise.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, paradime said:

This one's for you Mike. Cuz hipsters rule.

I do that with whiskey but I'm trying to do better. If I'm asked if I liked a whiskey I'll just say yes or no BUT if you ask me what THOUGHT of a whiskey then I will tell you. 

Edited by a.d._510_n_ok