I wasn't familiar with 'The Nation' entity, but after a short internet study, I'm not so sure that I'll be adding them to my daily/weekly reads. With all due respects, of course.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, there are some troubling things about Trump that MAGA members here are willfully blind to. As we hurtle towards the next election fighting for the wheel, no one is watching the road ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Yup, there are some troubling things about Trump that MAGA members here are willfully blind to. As we hurtle towards the next election fighting for the wheel, no one is watching the road ahead.

What you don't seem to understand is that even those like myself who aren't 100% convinced by Trump who will be voting for him in Nov. We don't have another option. Either vote for the side that's gonna keep pouring gasoline on our burning country. Or vote for the guy who's at least saying he's gonna try and put this fire out.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, john510 said:

I liked what he said. He kind of has a Trump style way of poking fun at the left. I disagree about "everyone wants off the radical leftist crazy train. Hopefully most do but I believe we still have people getting in line to board it. 

I think most want out of this craziness. There are still some that will ride this train off a cliff. But you're talking about the Glazed eyed radical indoctrinated cultist sheep. Those people are a lost cause. There's always been those who vote for there side no matter what. I believe this administration destroyed so much of this country and what this country stood for, that even many of those "blue no matter who" souls have shifted, at least for these coming elections. The biggest shift is the minority vote.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, IZRL said:

What you don't seem to understand is that even those like myself who aren't 100% convinced by Trump who will be voting for him in Nov. We don't have another option. Either vote for the side that's gonna keep pouring gasoline on our burning country. Or vote for the guy who's at least saying he's gonna try and put this fire out.

Well that's like having to choose between electric chair or firing squad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Not exactly.... More like choosing between taking a good ass kicking vs getting shot in the head point blank. I got jumped by a couple gang members in my younger days so I'm no stranger to a little pain 😆. Still was able to get up the next morning to fight another day.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 3
52 minutes ago, IZRL said:

I, personally, intend to write-in Mickey Mouse!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, IZRL said:

I think most want out of this craziness. There are still some that will ride this train off a cliff. But you're talking about the Glazed eyed radical indoctrinated cultist sheep. Those people are a lost cause. There's always been those who vote for there side no matter what. I believe this administration destroyed so much of this country and what this country stood for, that even many of those "blue no matter who" souls have shifted, at least for these coming elections. The biggest shift is the minority vote.

I really hope you're right. I kind of feel the same way but won't get too confident about it. 

• Like 3

Accepting the choice between Trump or Biden is clear evidence this country has lost its mind, self respect, and its balls. Neither of these piles of human excrement are fit to run this country, so WTF do you think choosing one or the other is going to get you? America was destroyed on January 21, 2010, and now we are a country for and by the corporation. You're being played sheeple, so FUCK both of them. Or you can be a brain washed media fed idiot who believes the president runs the country. There are tons of ideological prizes to win, so go ahead and play their political puppet show games and we'll see what we the people get from our vote.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, paradime said:

Accepting the choice between Trump or Biden is clear evidence this country has lost its mind, self respect, and its balls. Neither of these piles of human excrement are fit to run this country, so WTF do you think choosing one or the other is going to get you? America was destroyed on January 21, 2010, and now we are a country for and by the corporation. You're being played sheeple, so FUCK both of them. Or you can be a brain washed media fed idiot who believes the president runs the country. There are tons of ideological prizes to win, so go ahead and play their political puppet show games and we'll see what we the people get from our vote.  

That actually is what I feel put into words. I see so many making a choice when there really is no choice and they seem unashamed about it as long as the other guy doesn't win. Like I said fighting over the steering wheel while not watching the road.... and I'm in the wrong for saying so???? Look at John and his denial of hearing anything contrary to what he believes. I'm merely pointing out the king has no clothes on. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I realize it is fun to throw stones from the cheap seats (I often do it) At the end of the day, or the end of the election, I still live here and I am not moving. As much fun as an insurrection might be for a moment, it will not end well. There would be no winner, but I do not worry about that, because the majority of our youth are pansies. What I do worry about, legislation like GOSAFE act, Taxes, the weakening dollar, intervention in other countries without a plan for payback, closing the borders, handing out citizenship for nothing. The aforementioned I consider problems, big problems and the Democrat answers to these problems sickens me. SO FUKITALL, I am a Trump voter and supporter. I realize that Trump and I do not share all the same priorities, values, or likely DNA, but I have more in common with him than with Biden or the Democrats. The election is stupid, that these our the choices, ridiculous. 

The only weak position is "not picking", thinking it somehow absolves you from the shit. It doesn't. Lead, follow or get out of the way, if you stay out, don't bitch about where we end up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

That actually is what I feel put into words. I see so many making a choice when there really is no choice and they seem unashamed about it as long as the other guy doesn't win. Like I said fighting over the steering wheel while not watching the road.... and I'm in the wrong for saying so???? Look at John and his denial of hearing anything contrary to what he believes. I'm merely pointing out the king has no clothes on. 

Anyone with a smear of intelligence realizes there's nudity in the high office, but there isn't another solution. I am unashamed about it as long as the other guy doesn't win, because I have been on the side of the other guy who didn't win and experienced societal pressure, to conform to the new regime. I knew people interviewed and harassed by the ATF, social media slam campaigns. The Democrats in power fueled this bullshit. There is a choice, four years with my white ass first in the sling or four years with some other fucker bent over first. I understand neither Trump nor the Republicans care if my ass is in the sling and it might be my destiny either way, but if Trump is elected, it won't be this year and I won't be first. Pointing out the king has no clothes changes nothing. It is like pissing your pants in dark slacks, it might provide a warm feeling, but few notice and it really doesn't mean shit. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, paradime said:

So you no longer vote ? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, frankendat said:

I realize it is fun to throw stones from the cheap seats (I often do it) At the end of the day, or the end of the election, I still live here and I am not moving. As much fun as an insurrection might be for a moment, it will not end well. There would be no winner, but I do not worry about that, because the majority of our youth are pansies. What I do worry about, legislation like GOSAFE act, Taxes, the weakening dollar, intervention in other countries without a plan for payback, closing the borders, handing out citizenship for nothing. The aforementioned I consider problems, big problems and the Democrat answers to these problems sickens me. SO FUKITALL, I am a Trump voter and supporter. I realize that Trump and I do not share all the same priorities, values, or likely DNA, but I have more in common with him than with Biden or the Democrats. The election is stupid, that these our the choices, ridiculous. 

The only weak position is "not picking", thinking it somehow absolves you from the shit. It doesn't. Lead, follow or get out of the way, if you stay out, don't bitch about where we end up.

Ever notice that those that continually bitch about our current choices never suggest a better alternative ? Suggest 100 candidates and every one of them will have something wrong with them. You nailed it with "not picking" as the weak position. And then to cry about what you end up with ? 

• Like 1

Bitching about current choices does not automatically require that it come with an alternative. If death by electrocution or death by firing squad you don't have to go quietly. For those that have chosen a side you don't have to sit and sneer at those who have concerns. In fact not complaining is troublesome, you can't possibly think it's the perfect choice so why be silent about it? No change comes about by silently agreeing.

7 hours ago, frankendat said:

The third choice is none of the above. You can write in your choice on the ballot. If 5% or 10% of voters choose neither of the only two sides this gets noticed and both parties will adjust to woo these votes back. It doesn't happen overnight but it shows voter discontent in a way even a politician can understand.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

The third choice is none of the above. You can write in your choice on the ballot. If 5% or 10% of voters choose neither of the only two sides this gets noticed and both parties will adjust to woo these votes back. It doesn't happen overnight but it shows voter discontent in a way even a politician can understand.

I voted "none of the above" for years as did many I knew. It changed nothing. I now consciously vote for the least repulsive so my vote at least counts for something. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, datsuntech said:

I voted "none of the above" for years as did many I knew. It changed nothing. I now consciously vote for the least repulsive so my vote at least counts for something. 

Exactly. Nobody pays attention to or gives a shit about "none of the above" Didn't the Muslim party choose "none" in the primaries for the Democrats ? How'd that work out ? I did that once (picked third party) and realized later on that it was basically meaningless and a waste of my time and vote. If it ever got to a point where the third party was actually competitive I might reconsider.

• Like 3

This is because there isn't much of a trend worthwhile to the big two. If the percentage went up it would signal non confidence in the candidates and they would try to win them over rather than let the other party woo them. Somewhat like going after the gay vote or the black vote, illegal alien vote, women vote.

Only 66% of all eligible voters voted in 2020. So that's a huge untapped resource surely some of them don't care one way or another so why not candidate X?

• Like 1