Look what I scored for FREE!!!

Icehouse

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff how lucky are you? They look kool on the 620...did the brackets/holes all line up ok?

Jeff...I agree with Mark, 1st time I personally have seen these on a 620 and I gotta say, they DO LOOK kool.....do they have the same bracket ?????..also as far as function, what will happen if you back into something..what about someone backing into you?..much strength there? or do they just look that good and hope ya don't need functonality(is that a real word?) LOL

Yeah I found out they bolted right on from fatdave, he had a set on his 620. I think they look good, the only part that looks weird is the front bumper doesn't stick out and the back one does. As for function..... better than nothing and they aren't perfect so they fit the truck perfect!

Thanks for the rope Hainz. It comes in handy when I'm hauling L motors to the dump!

2eDeYe;10870'']Your supposed to save all of those :P

haha If I really had some I would try to find a good home for them :D

Nice Burn...

Guest DatsuNoob

Hey Ice, yeah I like those. It's a good look, I just think they'd look a little better if they were slightly closer together to give them a more flush appearance with the sides of the bed. I might do something like that because I'm getting ready to hack off my homemade diamond plate bumper. It looks like hammered shit to me, and weighs half a ton, so I'll either give it away or scrap it. Might be good for a KC, it's just a little much for mine. Any takers?

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody posted on the other forum about a year ago a photo of a white fourdoor from an original brouchure. That photo showed the bumperettes on a 620, although it was NOT an American imported vehicle. I have seen bumperettes on 620s years ago but speculate that they were DEALER add ons. Remember My story of My purchasing My brand new 1977 kingcab. It had NOT been dealer prepped yet (My wife and I waited in the lobby for them to do that) and I insisted that they NOT install the outside driver's door mirror. They were hesitant but allowed it. I installed My own mirrors where I wanted them to be. Yes, the truck left the lot illegally without any side mirror, but the guy got a sale so He made a concession. Also, they tried like CRAZY to sell Me some type of radio. That truck left with a Datsun plate in the radio area and I installed what I wanted in the console later. What I am driving at here is............. The dealer could do just about anything to a new truck. I don't think that there were any "rules" on what went on what. The thing to do would be to somehow track down an employee that prepped trucks back then and see if He agrees. Also, remember that AWESOME picture that one of You posted on the other forum that was an aerial view of the trucks (without beds) lined up at a port? There was discussion then about bumpers and I mentioned the trucks without mirrors just delivered off the boat. More than likely, they didn't want employees either loading or unloading trucks to bump into the mirrors. A hefty sized guy could certainly put a crease in a door of a 620 if He hit the mirror too hard or it hit a post or something. Any of You own old sales brochures of 620s that show bumperettes? Also, the 2 aboved mentioned photos........ can You post them again here? If You've never seen them before, they're awesome.Thanks!! Mike

Mike, heres the pic I posted awhile back..........

many620.jpg

I never saw so many 620's in 1 spot until i found this pic!! The speculation was that this pic was taken in or near Seattle & in the background you can see the old Kingdome stadium & the skyline. Heres another pic although not showing a clear bumper or no bumper view [no bumpers i think] look at the trucks on the freight cars...no hubcaps! I suppose they were installed @ the dealer...

Fastfreight620ad.jpg

And a brouchure ad showing no bumper......

NewDatsunadred620beach.jpg

OK guys..I have the original sales receipt from 1972 (my white one) and under "accesories" we have listed: underseal 25.00

AM Radio 67.00

Air condt. 329.00

Mirrors 42.00

adjusting, H.D. rear bumper

I will get a photo of the whole thing and post it later...too early right now..but very interesting stuff huh?

Oh and that "adjusting rear bumper"..that is a "jackman" 2 tube set up with an extra set of mounting holes..adjusting..ha ha ha LOL

Somebody posted on the other forum about a year ago a photo of a white fourdoor from an original brouchure. That photo showed the bumperettes on a 620, although it was NOT an American imported vehicle.

So I'm not breaking the rules :D

• 8 months later...