620 Widebody on Youtube

]2eDeYe

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Ken Block built the Mustang, the enthusiast community was fit to be tied. The difference there is that Ken Block started with a very nice donor car. He then proceeded to put $800K into it. But the action videos, I think they changed peoples attitude towards the cut up Mustang. What an awesome car. If more guys do that...fine with me.

• Like 2

Don't know, he's a youtuber and has done a couple different widebody builds. He did an audi wagon and an MR2 previously. 

Watched a couple vids of the mr2 build. He's good with fiberglass, the body kit should be cool. 

• Like 3

I look at this build like this, it is his truck do with it what he wants too.  It looks like a hacked up rusty mess when they got the truck, too far gone to restore. 

Have fun with your truck.

I believe it will be a give away truck when they are done with it.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not going to say that these guys are hacks, after all, I am a bit biased and the video only shows tear down, but if their work here is indicative of the finished product, I won't be surprised.

Could be that they do awesome work...! I guess we'll find out.

• Like 2

99% of the guys who weld on axle housings do not check them afterward. They probably don't even know just how much a housing gets bent by welding. It really does depend on the housing and how much you weld. Where the weld is can affect the housing too.

Here's a Toyota AE86 axle I built for my dad's Sunbeam. I narrowed it 2.375" per side. It took quite a bit of heat to get it back in line. Check out all those welds on the top of the tube.

20190720_124345_zpslu7j0xoc.jpg

20190720_125633_zps0cnxfisw.jpg

20190719_165302_zpskykxvgve.jpg

• Like 3