620 Widebody on Youtube

]2eDeYe

6 hours ago, klam07 said:

Interesting - did they remove their videos?

Haven't seen the last couple but videos look like they're gone, and I can't even search up their youtube channel either.

edit: looks like the channels been taken down for whatever reason. I imagine it'll be back up eventually - didn't seem like they violated any TOS for youtube

Weird. Seeing as it is about the only 620 build show anywheres I hope they come back.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

I made a few calls to their PO. With luck they will avoid going back to jail if they return the 620 back to stock and sell it.

You know Mike, you got me thinking about the 620's I cut up that never went back together.  lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Where do I begin?

- They sent the old Chevy leaf springs to the wreckers. Mistake. Never throw away leaf springs.

- The engine is a freakin mess. Hopefully they will clean it at some point.

- The engine is still completely assembled. Maybe they did this on purpose, to get the layout just right, but I like to have it stripped down. Accessory drive, intake, hoses, etc. Just makes building that much easier.

- Staggered valve covers? This is surprising to them? Don't they know why the banks of a V engine are offset from each side? No, it's not for steering...

- Paint on exhaust manifolds? Lame. Wrapping cast iron exhaust manifolds? Even more lame.

- The whole trailer and scrap yard scenario was a joke. Hit your own trailer with a sledge hammer? That's productive.

- Stacking steel tubes to take up space for brackets? Hack.

Again, it's cool they are building this, but are they really that bad? Hard to believe they suck that hard. Maybe it's just for show.

• Like 4

Agree with every point lol.

I don't think they ever tackled a project like this. The last few were just fiberglass over fenders and bolt on mods. 

Scrap prices suck these days.... I just experienced this annoyance recently, need a lot of junk just to cover gas to take it there. 😞

• Like 1

It's funny you mention that.  I am doing a shop construction project right now and have moved half the shop outside to make room for the work inside. Going through stuff to fill a dumpster. I don't even waste my time with scrap. For me, a scrap run would take about 3 hours. Not even worth it.

I used to put an ad on Craigslist for "Free Scrap" to get rid of it, but after two scumbags almost got into a fight in my driveway over who got there first, I realized I didn't want anyone who responds to free ads coming to my property or knowing what I have in the shop. Now I actually have to pay to get rid of it.

• Like 3

I saw a recent episode of Roadkill where they were working on a car that had a welded in trans x-member. To get the trans out, they cut the welded in x-member. Perfect time to make that x-member removable, right? Nope. after they swapped in the new trans, they welded the x-member back in.

I think it's the show mentality that allows them to make such short sighted decisions.

• Like 1

Cool, they got it to fire!

The biggest mistake they made this time, aside from letting their kids walk around barefoot in the pile of brakleen crap, was firing it off without everything connected. The O2 sensors and the MAF sensor are the two that I noticed, but I also heard them mention the CAS. I wonder if they are going to run rear O2 sensors or if they had them deleted from the ECM monitors.

I doubt they have a scanner to watch the vitals, but they are going to need to clear those codes that they undoubtedly set.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...