Project Dajiban

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It should be adjustable. I had one of those vans with 500k on it. Everything was worn it and it felt like your were riding the high seas. Had an adjustable box but was beyond the point of just needing adjusted.

it was also like an 15 passenger super extended van.

We are beginning to think that the "on center wander" might be a psychological thing.  See, the steering wheel has one of those red "on center" stripes at the top which... well, isn't.  the wheel is cocked ever so slightly off to the right.  I may be subconsciously centering up the wheel while driving and then bitching about it pulling to the left.  We need more miles under the treads... which is a perfect segue into the report that a pair of 255/50-17 tires (as opposed to the 255/55-17s on the van now) are currently in the passenger seat/hatch of the Smart, waiting to be installed on the front wheels in the morning.  Stay tuned.

Nope, it is not just in my head.  The steering box has been diagnosed as "Worn the hell out!" by John. 

I got the smaller diameter tires mounted up this morning and went for a micro-hoon to test them out.  So.  Much.  Better!  The ride is firm but not bone-jarring.  There were still a few creaks and clunks as suspension bits settled in and found their happy places, but it is finally to a point where I think I can call the suspension "Done." 

We installed, plumbed, and wired the "Godfather Theme" air horns and searched at least an hour for the vinyl wrap I bought for the hood.  Just as we ran out of time, I found it.  Yeah, it WAS sitting there right in front of our faces the whole time, laughing at us.

I'm super chuffed at how this thing is turning out.  Many thanks to John for helping with this project.

1 hour ago, dimlight65 said:

I got the smaller diameter tires mounted up this morning

large.20200118_101722.jpg.f0e7e312203faa

We installed, plumbed, and wired the "Godfather Theme" air horns

Some bracket mods...

large.20200118_102038.jpg.8c7bb0b21e9a46

Bracket painted and horns installed (yes that wiring got routed/tucked after the photo)...

large.20200118_115644.jpg.ed5f759915d0ba

Button mounted beside column for firing new horns...

large.20200118_115847.jpg.705391b1af60f7

Repainted cowl cover while it was off...

large.20200118_123655.jpg.64e501e3d0e9b0

I'm super chuffed at how this thing is turning out.  

large.20200118_131143.jpg.063f49ffc619dc

large.20200118_131215s.jpg.e940d0158b152

• Like 2

I think the most impressive thing is how it is in focus now!  Oh wait, that first photo was mine.  Um, never mind.  Forget I said anything.

Damn, I miss my flip phone.

Edited by dimlight65
Flip phone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Thank you.  I dont like the way they have the coolers on my titan.   I can clean up the flow thru the front  with something like this.

Wired the zookie light today.  I will try to remember to take a picture of it this evening when I have it adjusted.  I will also try to get a shot of just how perfectly the curvature fits the grille...

Aw, who am I kidding?  I probably won't remember to do either of those things!

Edited by dimlight65
Thought of more to say.

Looking at it, one would think that it would spread a fan-shaped swath of light out in front.  It is much more of a spotlight though.  And as John said, it is way more affectation than for real use. 

As for my lie about posting pictures... I still haven't fingered out how to do that here.  Who is URL, why does he spell his name so stupidly, and why does he have my pictures?

Edited by dimlight65
Nunya!
  • 2 weeks later...

We... mostly John, popped in a set of 1" thick spacers behind the rear wheels today.  Then we... again, mostly John, rolled the fenders with an baseball bat for some anti-shredding insurance.  The "Hippo-On-Rollerskates" look has now been vanquished!

Also, I've been freezing my ass off while driving because "the HVAC doesn't work."  Well, once I actually TRIED the damned thing, turns out it DOES work... after a fashion.  The fan blows just the slightest hint of a whiff of air... but boy howdy, is it HOT air! 

Edited by dimlight65
Clarification