INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, angliagt said:

Owning a Rolex & a Mercedes all sound good on paper.

I don't see the appeal of either quite frankly. And Starbucks has THE WORST coffee. They can fuck up some chai tea too. Food is harder than a hockey puck. I don't get why they have lines down the block other than it's "trendy" just like having a Mercedes in LA is "trendy."

The coffee cups are fashion accessories. You just have to be seen with one. I agree the coffee is the worst vile muck ever but people see everyone else drinking it so....

Who the fuck wears a watch these days? car, microwave, oven, alarm clock, computer, cell phone youre never far from the time. Rolex/Mercedes are status symbols of affluence.

I'm one of those who still wears a watch.I need it to keep track

of time while I'm at work.It's not a Rolex,but it keeps time well.

PM yenpit - he's in that area,& is very knowledgeable on car stuff.

Edited by angliagt
3 hours ago, angliagt said:

PM yenpit - he's in that area,& is very knowledgeable on car stuff.

Dude, you're mixing up your threads.

BTW, I wear a watch also.

• Like 1

Watches are mostly.... anachronistic jewelry. They are like remote control side mirrors. Because they are there and adjustable they are constantly adjusted. Too much time is wasted looking at them to know the time when you don't really need to know it. It's just habit. I used to wear a watch in the '70s perhaps into the '80s. My first watch was an electric Timex in the late '60s. At the time it cost me a weeks pay but I was 20 and impressionable. My first boss had one and I thought it was cool to have one. The last 15 years I did have a watch that I found while working. It was a Casio electric 10 year battery? The strap had broken and the owner lost it. I tied it to my timber cruiser vest and used it to know when lunch was and only because I personally found it. Just like eagle feathers, I keep them also.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, datzenmike said:

The coffee cups are fashion accessories. You just have to be seen with one. I agree the coffee is the worst vile muck ever but people see everyone else drinking it so....

Who the fuck wears a watch these days? car, microwave, oven, alarm clock, computer, cell phone youre never far from the time. Rolex/Mercedes are status symbols of affluence.

Stanley is my fashion accessory 😀

I wear a watch all the time when I'm out. Not trying to dig for my phone to see what time it is. I'm not staring at it all day like these kids who can't pull their eyes from their phone for more than 2 seconds. And I like my watch. My husband had a really cool wrap around leather band put on it.

• Like 2
On 7/16/2023 at 9:13 AM, datzenmike said:

Watches are mostly.... anachronistic jewelry. They are like remote control side mirrors. Because they are there and adjustable they are constantly adjusted. Too much time is wasted looking at them to know the time when you don't really need to know it. It's just habit. I used to wear a watch in the '70s perhaps into the '80s. My first watch was an electric Timex in the late '60s. At the time it cost me a weeks pay but I was 20 and impressionable. My first boss had one and I thought it was cool to have one. The last 15 years I did have a watch that I found while working. It was a Casio electric 10 year battery? The strap had broken and the owner lost it. I tied it to my timber cruiser vest and used it to know when lunch was and only because I personally found it. Just like eagle feathers, I keep them also.

Couldn't the same be said about Datsuns (by some people)?

5 hours ago, Cleopatra Jones said:

Stanley is my fashion accessory 😀

I wear a watch all the time when I'm out. Not trying to dig for my phone to see what time it is. I'm not staring at it all day like these kids who can't pull their eyes from their phone for more than 2 seconds. And I like my watch. My husband had a really cool wrap around leather band put on it.

When I wore a watch in the mid '70s it was on a 2" wide leather strap with a big belt buckle. It eventually wore apart. By then it was the '80s and it was extremely out of date and style, if it ever was in style, and I had a leather worker make me a custom one using the original buckle. If you remember the '80s, well you weren't trying hard enough. I have no idea what happened to that watch band but at least I came out on the other side.. 

• 2 weeks later...