1200 Alternator Direct Swap Upgrade

Velict

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the most beautiful replacement for the Sunny 1200 that is a direct swap for, at the moment that I know of, ANY A series engine. The Wilson 70-25-12272.

It is a diesel boat generator platform, heavy duty meant for continuous and stressfull use. The blue wire is for a tachometer, fully internal regulated and has an LR connector. It has been pre-treated with salt resistance, including all interior mechanical and electrical components. The mounting and fitment is 100% perfect on my A12 engine, top mounted. Pulley lines up without any need to change the length of the belt (960-990mm), and there is above-nominal clearance for the fan.

There is a 90 amp alternator version, the LR190. I had O-o-o...oreilysssssssssssssss autoFARTS order it to compare the sizing. There are quite a few variations of the 90 amp, therefore a bit more difficult to get the right one. I don't recommend that.

I've purchased the 12v 80 amp version. Other part numbers it goes by are as follows: 
Lr180-03 
Lr180-03C 
112375 4-6278 
LR180-03A 
LR180-03B 
119573-77200

If you're looking for a replacement alternator for LR135 series that is a direct swap, check this 80 Amp out.

IMG_20180322_171210.jpg

IMG_20180322_171201.jpg

IMG_20180322_171231.jpg

Lr180.png

• Like 3
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top mounted alt on an A12? Wait, what? Maybe mine are too old.......

You'll need to move your lower radiator hose out of the way, or find the part number for the bracket that moves your alternator to the top of the engine. That bracket you could get for 20 bucks. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

be nice to see the back of th alternaotr also. does this fit the standard  T connector?

PRICE?

What model car it comes from? I only say this cause I dont what to confuse the next kid at O rileys and get into it with him/her!!!!

Looks like the range from 70-80$ on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/YANMAR-DIESEL-HI-OUTPUT-ALTERNATOR-LR180-03C/dp/B008Y3R6DY

This is what comes up searching on Vatozone: $102

https://www.autozone.com/batteries-starting-and-charging/alternator/duralast-gold-alternator/459931_0_0

FWIW, this is a direct swap for any L or A series engine. It is half the size and weight of any Nissan alternator. And it puts out 70 amps.

It is internally regulated, and has a self-exciting regulator, which means it only needs one wire ran to the battery to function. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-ALTERNATOR-Fits-DENSO-STREET-ROD-RACE-1-WIRE-Small-One-Wire-NEW-70-Amp/282513310986?hash=item41c71b050a:g:THEAAOSwm8VUyrwZ&vxp=mtr

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Looks like you have to have the pulleys swapped, as the Boat Alt Pulley sticks out further.  But otherwise, good job.  80 amp better than stock 50 amps.

That is 100% factually incorrect. Everything lines up perfectly. Verified by me who installed it. Also, stock is not 50 amps, but 35 amps.  

be nice to see the back of th alternaotr also. does this fit the standard  T connector?

PRICE?

What model car it comes from? I only say this cause I dont what to confuse the next kid at O rileys and get into it with him/her!!!!

It comes from a boat engine. Easily google-able. LR180. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, datsunfreak said:

FWIW, this is a direct swap for any L or A series engine. It is half the size and weight of any Nissan alternator. And it puts out 70 amps.

It is internally regulated, and has a self-exciting regulator, which means it only needs one wire ran to the battery to function. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-ALTERNATOR-Fits-DENSO-STREET-ROD-RACE-1-WIRE-Small-One-Wire-NEW-70-Amp/282513310986?hash=item41c71b050a:g:THEAAOSwm8VUyrwZ&vxp=mtr

have this but still need to install it. Lol

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...