XXL

Fire truck

Did we lose a 520/521 in the Sonoma fire?  I caught this on Vice News' coverage of the Norcal fires a couple of days ago.

firetruck02.jpg

• Like 1

Quick use of a phone!

The rear bumper may have survived. Those step bumpers are indestructible.

Keith

• Like 1

Ford Courier 

• Like 4

Ford Courier 

Yep, I think you're right.  The bed lugs caught my eye... but on looking more closely, the fender flares are a little more pronounced.  

• Like 1

Now what's in front of it?  

• Like 1

Quick use of a phone!

The rear bumper may have survived. Those step bumpers are indestructible.

Keith

And I need one of those bumpers.  My original was bent when I still lived in Norcal, thanks to a bozo in a BMW.  It can be straightened, but not by me, and I've never found a bumper repair shop like we used to have in the 'good ole days.'  All the ones I've contacted over the past few years were really only messing with plastic bumper repairs.  I bought a "replacement" bumper while still in CA from a board member (forgot who)... but it's for a 521, so the taillight reveals are all wrong  :blush: .  I'm hoping zed1 will make a quick trip down my way and fix me up as soon as he's done with his restoration... or maybe he'll want to just trade trucks so he can do another resto  :angel:

• Like 1

B pillars way too wide to be a 521

Yeah, Draker called it.  Also, look at arched top of the back glass... definitely Courier.

• Like 2

Probably mgb or something?

• Like 1

Thank goodness it wasn't a datto, shit I feel so bad for those folks out there :(

• Like 1

one of my customers text me and told me I will never see his 240z completed as he lost everything in the fire 

it really sucks i think he was the original owner and a super nice guy 

:console:  :console:

• Like 1

And I need one of those bumpers.  My original was bent when I still lived in Norcal, thanks to a bozo in a BMW.  It can be straightened, but not by me, and I've never found a bumper repair shop like we used to have in the 'good ole days.'  All the ones I've contacted over the past few years were really only messing with plastic bumper repairs.  I bought a "replacement" bumper while still in CA from a board member (forgot who)... but it's for a 521, so the taillight reveals are all wrong  :blush: .  I'm hoping zed1 will make a quick trip down my way and fix me up as soon as he's done with his restoration... or maybe he'll want to just trade trucks so he can do another resto  :angel:

I don't know where the buckle belt is but it must be way down there. zed1 is just north of Dallas. I visited his 520 bout a year & a half ago and it is a helluva 'every nut & bolt, better than factory' restoration.

• Like 1

The buckle belt is usually around the waist.

When I first returned to TX from CA, I was about 15 miles from him. We're from DFW, but it wasn't working for us. Now I'm 350 miles south, in SA. We'll make the guest bed for him when he comes down to work on my stuff ;) You should come too. You can put some of your Fiat magic into my list of projects I'm never going to get done!

• Like 1

Could be a Mazda Rotary pickup. I know there are a few in the wine country.

The convertible in front of it has me stumped. I recognize the shape, but can't place it. Almost looks like a Fiat or Alfa.

• Like 2

Looks like a Miata no?

Without offering an alternative, I say no. Front door jamb is angled. Miata is as straight up and down as you can get.

• Like 1