My 1971 521

d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah we shall see, seems to have stalled at $7k with less than a day a left and it has a reserve. I agree with Matt the market for trucks just isn't the same as it is for 510s and Zs.  I think the most expensive 521 sold on there was $17K and it was god awful if you ask me.  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-pl-521/  I have seen some 620s sell for 13/17K but none of them anywhere as close as nice as mine (in my opinion) but I am starting to think that nobody outside of this forum really has a desire for a 521.   

You can see what a lot of Datsun trucks went for here:  https://bringatrailer.com/datsun/pickup/

And fuck it if it doesn't sell then you fuckers are stuck with me for the foreseeable future.  

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9529wwvoir76iviaj736e

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks guys.

The hardest part about this is there is very little barometer for clean swapped 521s.  If it doesn’t sell then I’ll continue to fuck around with it and maybe park it.  My son will be driving soon and wants a Tacoma which could be a fun father son project.  

Before the bidding stops, get some contact info of the bidders. You can do this by urging them to hit the contact seller button, and there you can exchange personal contact info. So that after the bidding, if the truck doesn't sell, you can make some calls and get it sold. BaT won't let you exchange contact info in the comments.

I am fine with $13k, I think that the price I might have just broken even.  But if I didn't so be it, I enjoyed my time with it and hopefully the new buyer will as well.   I never expected to get rich off it.   

In regards to BAT anytime someone bids it resets the clock 2 minutes so other cans bid.   There is nothing making the buyer pay either but I sold 2 cars on there prior with no issues.  I have heard people buying cars on there and never following through with it.  

• Like 1