My 1971 521

d.p

28 minutes ago, d.p said:

I am fine with $13k, I think that the price I might have just broken even.  But if I didn't so be it, I enjoyed my time with it and hopefully the new buyer will as well.   I never expected to get rich off it.   

In regards to BAT anytime someone bids it resets the clock 2 minutes so other cans bid.   There is nothing making the buyer pay either but I sold 2 cars on there prior with no issues.  I have heard people buying cars on there and never following through with it.  

They only do that once. If they don’t follow through they are banned. I do think their record is better than eBay in that regard 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/20/2023 at 3:31 PM, mainer311 said:

Man, someone got one bitchin’ tach mount in that thing. 

Still have the original one you made installed.  I didn’t have any motivation to cut and rewire the tach to switch it out.  If the buyer doesn’t want the new one I’ll pass it on to someone else who can use it. 

• Like 2

Yeah I think its painfully evident that Datsun trucks don't command anywhere near the $$$ that Z and 510s do.  The thought did cross my mind that if it didn't sell (meet the reserve) I would find a clean 510 and swap the drivetrain and then sell it.

Truck is sold and on its way with the new owner.   Last pic I took of it …I enjoyed all my time with it and you mfers here as well.   

I went and looked at 93 c1500 yesterday to replace it but even with a 350 and Holley sniper it felt slow as shit.  I don’t know what I was expecting but my truck was/is way more fun than that 1500 with a v8 and efi.   Just felt heavy and slow but I love the look of it.  Looking at c10s too but not sure if they will do it for me either.  

IMG_1689.jpeg

• Like 1

The guy selling was telling me his truck didn’t have overdrive but wasn’t clear on why. If I were to buy that truck I I’m sure it would need work but not sure if I want to fix someone’s else’s work or start with a stock one.  

Yeah the problem with that  1993 is so much done to it (that the seller paid to have done) that I am afraid that if I tried to undo it and swap it to something else it will turn into a headache.   Its got a Holley sniper efi and not even sure I want efi so having to undo all that for a traditional carb I could have a bad time.      

I am looking at this 69 with a 454 in it but only has 250HP...which is a snoozer if you ask me.  Dealership doesn't know what the engine came out of and not sure how they would even know it has 250HP without knowing what it came out of but who the fuck knows.  Chevy didn't introduce the 454 until 1970 so a mystery.  

1cc68224e5fefcfc9db426114434cd3fe13275c6

Video: https://streamable.com/y6zluo

https://thunderroadautosales.com/listing/1969-chevrolet-c10/ 

Word, just a totally different feeling in that 350 '93 than what I am used to.   

I don't necessarily want to haul ass but I would like to at least be able to smoke the tires on whatever I get.   When I test dove that c1500 with the 350 I asked the guy if it can smoke the tires and he looked at me like "uhhhhh no."   

12 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Agree to disagree.

Disagree about what? That horsepower is a function of RPM? Laying down a patch of rubber isn't "going fast."

Sport bikes are a prime example. GSXR 600 is 124 horsepower and 50 ft-lbs of torque. Will it haul shit? No. Does it go fast? Yes.

Edited by mainer311

Big block is awesome but, big fuel sippers and for the amount of money your going to throw at it the LSX454 is the way to go. Also if you LS it you should at least do an LS3 with a 4L80 transmission. Me personally I would go with A Tremec T56 6 speed and really have some fun. Plus the manual gear box will take a lot more punishment.

The early 90's big block late 80's had a dual rear main seal and they all leak. HP was 235-255HP and 385-405 LBs TRQ if you had a good carb and true dual pipes to make her breath. Again for the money in this age go LS. Or get a 502 big block, punched out 454 that will give you 500 plus HP. 

I want to do a 73-75 step side square body clean but with a Nelson racing twin turbo 427. 1200 HP on 91 octane all day. Complete and ready to install for about 37-42K I believe.