• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mainer311 said:

And also, can you confirm that the stuff you bought was for an early 90's Isuzu Trooper?

Yes and I was told any of these would work:

Rotors, calipers, pads, and lines: 1989-1993 Isuzu amigo, 1988-1991 Isuzu Trooper, 1988-1995 Isuzu Pickup

I bought these specific calipers that came coated so no rusting which is cool. 

Cardone 19-B1191 and 19-B1190

and I pulled the residual valve out of my dual master and didn’t install a proportioning valve.  

• Thanks 1

You need a disc brake residual valve to keep the pads against the rotors. You may need a proportioning valve later because who knows what the rear bias is now with miss matched parts that were never intended to work together. The rears may lock sooner than the fronts.

28 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

You need a disc brake residual valve to keep the pads against the rotors. You may need a proportioning valve later because who knows what the rear bias is now with miss matched parts that were never intended to work together. The rears may lock sooner than the fronts.

image.gif.62febedb0f444f4333ee2fc3d6d429a1.gif

Hardly. The surface area of the rear piston can only be what? 2-3 sq-in? I'd rather not crack open the MC and have a mess everywhere if it's not needed. I'll probably put a prop valve in to tune the brakes, and leave the residual valve unless I have issues. Anything is better than the rear drums I have now, which lock up from time to time. 

4 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

10psi residual valve on rear will create extra wear, drag and heat... 

This. Disc residual valve is 2 PSI to just keep the pads gently against the rotor to keep them clean. 10-12 PSI is 5 to 6 times the pressure and can easily cause over heating and wear. Pull the front disc brake residual valve from any spare Nissan master cylinder and swap it into the rear circuit of your current master cylinder. It's as easy as that.

Have a care as they look identical, don't mix them up.

• 5 months later...

Still got the fucker.

But I have had my truck on a battery tender and when I go to drive it as of late the first time I turn the key it’s like the truck dies.  If I start it again it starts right up.  It’s like the exact opposite of what I expected from having it on a tender all the time.  

I got an AGM battery if that matters. 

11 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Starts, then dies?  Doesn't crank at all first try?  

Doesn't crank, I turn the key and the A/F gauge and voltmeter (in the cig lighter) turn off like the battery is completely dead.   If I turn it over again it will start, if not 1 or 2 times after turning the key.