• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Just now, datzenmike said:

I think my stock L20B 620 got 28MPG if on a highway trip. This is with an imperial gallon so converted to US gal that's 23.3. That's GOOD!!! What do you get if you're trying?

trying what? I drive the shit out of this fucking thing everywhere I go.  If I drive easy I imagine a couple more miles per gallon.  

It’s a fucking blast on the freeway whereas with the anemic l16 + 4speed fucking sucked there and everywhere else.  I wonder what a KA would feel like?   

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I ran mine out of gas in the middle of town during rush hour on a street with no shoulders 🤦‍♂️

nice.  I always picture myself like Kramer and George in Seinfeld when they test drive that Saab and run it to empty.  

• Like 1

Truck died this morning….started miss firing then now it will barely idle but when I give it any gas it dies.  All heat are tight and where they are supposed to be, I can squirt gas in the carbs manually, there spark at the coil wire and the plugs look good.  The only thing I noticed is I have calcium deposits in my plug wires on the dizzy side where they plug into the cap.  

• Like 1

Replaced plug wires no difference.  Seems fuel related so I went ahead and changed the fuel filter but it’s not filling with gas at all even when I try to crank it over.   

So pump or fuel line related?  How can I test the pump without taking it off? 

Called for a tow back to my house as well. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, d.p said:

Replaced plug wires no difference

I alwasy love your trouble shooting skills?????????? I never change plug wires. Only maybe for looks. NGK wires dont go bad all too often

I bet a jet block got loose inside the carb. Mine go loose for some reason. it will cut out but idle. I would check that first

Fuel? I stock pump usually never goes bad unoless made in Chinese clone but EZ to check. if elelctric pull the line off and shoot the line in a safe direction, Simple.

• Like 1

Well cracked this case.  POS airtex pump shit the bed.  Have another going to throw it on but the spring is down in the timing cover, do I need to worry about that?  

will order a better pump as wel. 

D3497592-F39A-46B9-8E60-2CF95B204FDF.jpeg

• Like 1

Well that seems to have fixed the fuel delivery problem but now my battery is dead from trying to crank it over.  Guess I just wait for the tow truck and have them tow me home or give me a jump.

and @banzai510(hainz) I’m not using NGK wires…was using MSD and like to try the simple things first.  And why would I have calcium deposits on the dizzy cap side inside the wires?  

• Like 1
Just now, Crashtd420 said:

Just push start it.... it's a standard...

Get it rolling, put in gear, pop clutch... I usually like 2nd.....

fuck didn’t even think to do that.  My wife came by and jumped me so all good again. But I will say fuck those airtex pumps.  Is Nikki and OEM brand?

• Like 2

condensation under the cap maybe cause of humidity

Try to find a better fuel pump if possible. I got one Japan made one left but also have the chines clones as spares.

as for the spring going down. I would not worry about it too much it woont get sucked up but I guess could bounce around in there. but maybe get a magnet plug and it will work its way to that and you can pull it out

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Just push start it.... it's a standard..

Never make it in the 3rd world!!!!!!!!!!!

510 and 521 mostly use a KOYOSAN BRAND AND LATER USED nIKKI BUT ITS MOSLTY THE INPUT OUTPUT LOCATION IS DIFFERENT as the 620 hose came from different locations

turn Key to ON before pushing the vehicle to roll start it

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1