A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

So my next idea was to slice and bend the cable bracket to place it at an angle that was better....

20210122-175059.jpg

20210122-175105.jpg

20210122-174853.jpg

Getting closer to something....

20210122-174904.jpg

20210122-174904.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to remove that metal piece on the cable and the small plastic tube above it.... there is a section of hard tubing after that that has a nice preformed bend so hopefully I can use that to my advantage....

I'm planning to make something to hold the cable into the bracket also.....

So much for an easy off the shelf idea...

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

So the first problem using the isuzu cable was the angle of the cable bracket mounted to the caliper....

20210122-174757.jpg

The caliper mounting bracket would be in the way...

20210122-174819.jpg

Passenger side pic as reference, currently working on driverside....

Next I ground clearance in the bracket, that allowed me to seat the cable but I didn't like the way it positioned the cable... it was still angled towards the wheel... I believe its intended to be routed similar to the datsun cable down under the axle and gas tank.... 

There are some brackets that I do not see on your setup.

Rear-Disc-Brake-E-Brake-Axle-Housing-Bra

Rear Disc Brake Job Isuzu Trooper

Is the H190 axle flange studs closer together than than stock Isuzu Dana axle.

Edited by Charlie69

It has been many years since I worked with a set of Bebanni rear brackets and I dot remember if the design is for top mounted calipers or rear.

I sure will be happy when Mike Klotz makes rear disc brake kits.  We will not have to engineer e brake cables as it will be part of the kit.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

I am just trying to help you Crashed.  I hope you can figure it out.

I know what you mean... even the one from Silvermine requires you to figure out the ebrake.....

There is the guy who just did the same disk brake conversion and used the stock cables.... I'm not sure how he extended or made the cables fit but I know he made a bracket with a bent pipe to route the cable..... 

If my gas tank wasn't going to be in the way I might have done something similar....

• Like 2

It's in the rear most position.....

The bolt hole spacing on the axle tube is not a square pattern, more rectangle...

So I can only go in two spot towards the front at the bottom or towards the rear at the top..... 

I have it in the rear at the top with the bleeder on top so I'm pretty sure this is where the caliper will live.... 

• Like 1