Your moms aunt Flo's 411

Hey thanks for the message that you're alive. Woke up with an "oh shit" because I fell asleep before I got any last night

Sounds like someone has a little crush....... Watch out nanner, soon you might come home to Hobo in an apron cooking chicken cordon bleu.

• Like 3
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like someone has a little crush....... Watch out nanner, soon you might come home to Hobo in an apron cooking chicken cordon bleu.

I would prefer that to being completely naked,,,,,,,,,,,, like the last time.

You know i was thinking i need something to clean my vaulted ceilings better.

• Like 1

Was going to over to Tdaajs to give him shit but ended up driving all the way out to Montesano instead. :geek: Stopped by a friends house to see what kinda deal i could get on boring a L20b out to fit some fat flat-tops i bought from EricJBweld last weekend ... I got a few gaskets that were laying around in friends garage for to long... 

I have maybe made a deal  for another gas tank that might have good sending unit and a couple of descent tailights, in trade for towing a 411 ,,,,, but i will have to drive 2 1/2 hours one way just to pick up car they are still attached to.

Anyways.

composition head gaskets and other gaskets he thought i will need someday

IMG_2302_zpsdj7fvmf0.jpg

Metal \m/ ,, \m/   head gaskets and other shit

IMG_2303_zps64mtycvd.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah i was just telling him how my side cover gaskets were leaking cuz the bolts had rattled loose,, and he was like,,, you need new gaskets??   You gotta take these the hell outta here and proceeded to start handing me boxes...

You know how it is ,, you have one of something Datsun,,  then pretty soon they start multiplying like fucking hobgoblins and you turn around one day and find yourself waist deep in them and looking to give them away to anyone that slows their car down enough ..  :rofl: .

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Changed these (what i think may be 64-65 falcon tail lights)  for some 62 impala tail lights some guy was peddling at the swap meet for a dollar each...  Alot more light comes out of them and they are alot less gaudy than the chrome coned ones... And 62 impala tails can be bought new for about $8.dollars,,,,,,,,, brand new.

AND yeah i have NOS set and a other well used set but fuck it you don't know me ,, i do what i want.

IMG_3213_zpsglydcuwg.jpg

Impala%20Tail%20lights-M.jpg

Ditch the chrome trim and sand to fit.

IMG_2484_zpsoqlsoyop.jpg

IMG_2486_zpslp0tij8x.jpg

Thinking of trying some of these someday as there is a huge aftermarket for impalas so these are super cheap as well.

il_fullxfull.291307981.jpg

• Like 6

Thought it would be kinda cool to get a set of 59 caddy tails and super glue them fuckers onto the cones to really be spacey ,,, but $14. a piece ,,, i might be to cheap

91062155_L.jpg

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1959-Cadillac-Tail-Light-Kits,19763.html

Like these without the chrome

DSCF0420.jpg

be kinda trippy  though

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

So the Santa Clause mobile needs some wider tread and to fit them in need to lose some width in the rear end type affair.. 

IMG_2495_zpsigasyvxx.jpg

IMG_2492_zps5l9xqmld.jpg

IMG_2493_zpssb8nlqca.jpg

IMG_2494_zpsmsrhsfw6.jpg

Needless to say there would be rubbing issues even with a hard fender roll.

Soooooooooooooooooo i got this.

IMG_2491_zpssz9cjvff.jpg

It measures backing plate to backing plate at

IMG_2488_zpsmwafsrur.jpg

To replace the OG rearend that measures ,,,,,,,this

IMG_2496_zpsvlcqvxyv.jpg

Should help a little bit once fenders are rolled,,,,,,, which i guess i will have to buy a fender roller for since Tristins of Olympia has went radio silent since he got what he wanted in trade.

• Like 4

Spring perches are the same width apart and the brakes ( shoes cylinders, adjusters) are almost identical the only thing that is a major difference is the parking linkage is on opposite sides but nothing a cutter wheel and a welder won't fix... One main bonus will be the rear gearing will come down from 4.37 to a less slightly less teeth rattling 3.888888888,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well 3.90 really.

Other pictures of all 4 adjusters that were cleaned up and re-greased which is weird they all came apart with no issues at all

IMG_2490_zpspamd3mxy.jpg

411 ones look lighter but they measure out the same size and mount exactly same

IMG_2499_zpswztupxrm.jpg

I figure i will run all the brake parts off the 411 on the roadster rear end since they are in really good shape.

I am waiting on axle bearings for "new" rearend since it's apart anyways ,, i thought what the fuck eh?

• Like 2

Yeah i edited that in when you were posting.. :lol: ....... i have a couple friends that are like roadster and 411 whisperers ( or what normal people call "weirdos" ) and one mentioned the roadster rear being over an inch skinnier per side and he was really certain the leafs were the same distance apart and that the brakes were all pretty much the same ...  Weeell the other one just happened to have both a 411 and a roadster up in the air and it was true .. 

weird but true .

• Like 3