Your moms aunt Flo's 411

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 datsuns would fit if the buick is in there

That particular garage was already close to cleaned out since an original 4speed,  289,  65 ranchero was purchased,,, but last owner won't let me have it till i can prove i won't leave it outside...  So "only one Datty per",, was always the deal.

Or if you look at it another way,,,, I may not have ca-truck yet after almost a year,, but i get free storage indefinitely,,,. :lol:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Not much , got the title for the B210 switched ,, have to fill out paperwork and state patrol the A10 cuz it has been out of the system way to long.......... and, helped move these

IMG_2137_zps1uizctoh.jpg

IMG_2136_zpscfdezpyw.jpg

IMG_2139_zps0plalule.jpg

WTF kinda fucked up bonsai experiment is going on here??

IMG_2124_zpsqtxrjzqj.jpg

And me and Fat  went over during the week and drove,,, yes drove this piece of shit home..

IMG_2120_zps9vjrfrb0.jpg

I have to remove and rebuild(?) the steering box in the 2800 lb TCM forktruck and pull the steering ram off the 5800 lb Clark as it is apparently leaking like crazy..  So that will take care of a few more weekends right there....

Money to send rams in, is insane for the amount of actual work they do , so gotta rip that bitch apart and reseal it and worry about cleaning up the oily mess on the floor,,  later.. :lol:

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Have had this grinding noise ever since i got it going and i had always assumed it was alternator as never really ran it much before rewire of car since it had no lights at all... And the alternator was a junkyard Ka internally regulated one.......... Went to get alt repaired yesterday so to calm the nerves of taking it down to Portland this Saturday,, and found not much noise coming from bearings .. 

What did make a shit load of noise was the timing chain area..  Took it apart and the tensioner bolts had come loose and it was pretty much held in by the housing and the spring being cocked in there just enough..  And probably because the chain is really short so even flopping around it don't flop that far.

IMG_2194_zpsxhxb7w7k.jpg

IMG_2193_zpslvzbi5kh.jpg

Tensioner bolts .. the damn tensioner was just kinda dangling in there

IMG_2190_zpsgtxmww1v.jpg

End was ground down because it was just cocked in there

IMG_2192_zpsavmhujhv.jpg

Friend thought he had new chain but after cutting to fit i find it is fucked

IMG_2189_zps4d3kywsv.jpg

IMG_2196_zpsa0jcjd5q.jpg

Bought new chain only because it would be here tomorrow and a set with gears would take a week from Rockauto .. i found a pretty good L motor tensioner plunger that seems to be the right size ( held suction anyway)  so i should still be able to roll to Portland this weekend ..

• Like 6

Maybe tomorrow if chain shows up... Was pretty depressed but i went to the Ace hardware store and the 1/4" bolts i bought seem to catch alot of threads and tightened up way better than i thought they were going to...  I just have to clean the hell out of the threads so the locktite gets a good grip .

We should drive around town maybe piss on Jdorks sidewalk  on Thursday

• Like 4

So about about 12 hours after i get this stupid thing buttoned up using OG felt crankshaft seal with some silicone rubbed on it to slow the oil a tiny bit ,, my neighbor that has been away a couple days brings this over for me to use,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, shit .

IMG_2205_zpsam3ukdrr.jpg

IMG_2204_zpsngsdibps.jpg

If you know J motors you will know why i'm bummed.... :sneaky:

Pics from last night,,,,,,,,, didn't get any of  tdaaj and Fat510 standing around texting on their phones while i worked but i figured everyone has seen that before,

IMG_2201_zpsc0kzsa6p.jpg

And yes i did bend the bolt holding tang over after i took this picture..

IMG_2202_zpsefq3dchd.jpg

IMG_2203_zps8vm4igdl.jpg

musical interlude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmx68VmTEo

• Like 6

My car leaked oil everywhere it went today like i thought it would because if that stupid felt seal ,,,,,,,,, but it went you dick lickers

:fu:

This is what i got with car since it appears to have had a fire directly below it ,, it was covered with indoor outdoor carpeting

IMG_2233_zpswf6ae1ai.jpg

The Eagleman came thru with a choice ass replacement ,,

BOOM!!

IMG_2234_zps7a4e3pul.jpg

Good to see you again man

• Like 7

how does it compare to a similar condition 510 as far as drive ability?

It is quite a bit mushier in the rear going around tight fast corners , and even though the 510 had a 4speed most of the time the gears were 4.11 -- then changed to 3.90 so even at 70 it seemed smoother/quieter ( 411 gears are 4.37 ).. ..  I am going to figure out some heavier rear springs and that "might" help that.. But since we live in an area where the freeway is 70 mph to get anywhere i think the low gearing and lack of 5speed is the real problem.. I am putting a 190 rear end with 3.70 or 3.90 ( haven't taken it apart yet.) gearing in it very soon,, but as much as that will give me the lower RPMs at 70-75..  Going up hills will probably have to be done in second gear. :rofl:

For what it's worth ,, if there was a way to put a 5speed behind the J1300 i would keep it because for as much shit as that motor gets ,, if you keep your foot to the floor it is "kinda" spunky... The car is pretty light and we have went on a couple cruises and it did just fine other than going 60-63 mph on freeway cuz i don't know much about motor.

Drum brakes are adjusted and work just fine even on this squirrely road we went on yesterday..

And seats are way too short ,, but i have a set of bright red MR2 seats that should help with that.

Contrary to tdaajs statement loudness wise,,  it is about the same .. I usually wear earplugs on long trips .

• Like 3