Your moms aunt Flo's 411

Tires are 215/60/13 in rear.

cut the front 1 1/2 coils since nose was waaaaaaaaay up there  and looked awkward as fuck..........

This is where it sits now ,,, not going any lower as i go up really bumpy gravel roads on a regular basis

IMG_2695_zpseawsa9w8.jpg

Be sure and get that thing aligned... Otherwise it will wear the tires.  Toe is off now since it's been lowered.

• Like 3
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep,  only making this trip on this alignment  since my man with a plan couldn't get me in before Saturday.  I was actually stressing putting stock 13s for drive ( running taller tires in rear for better RPM) but i found i am far to lazy to change out all 4

:lol:

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like it was a nice day too! That's a great looking car....those wheels are just right.

The first picture gives us east coasters the impression EVERYONE drives a Datsun on the west coast!

Thanks man..... i have always real liked minilite type wheels..

You know there may be huge amount of Datsuns over here but that gold Z of your friends, and your Z are in nicer shape than any i can ever remember coming out to local stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh there are tons of Zs here,,  but not sure why they hate us lowlifes so much.. 

There was actually 2 more Datsuns that aren't in that picture

IMG_2852_zps1fyyj4yh.jpg

We made "roadster guy" park in the dark. :D

IMG_2854_zpsd8y4kvju.jpg

But when cruise night includes hillbillies in deuce and a halfs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,  kinda scary

IMG_2846_zpss4il5ewb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks. He and I should probably start a club but we'd probably be the only ones in it!

Deuce and a half are a more normal thing in my neck of the woods. In fact my neighbor has one. And my wife's uncle, my old boss, the fire company....you get my point. They don't rust like Datsuns I guess. And they plow snow pretty well.....in a straight line anyway.

Minilites have always been a favorite of mine too. I've got a wide set for my Z but they need to get refinished....someone did a shitty yellow paint job on em.

• Like 1

After talking to Boner at Canby we went to the trouble and got EDLs to be able to cross border to be able to go to this in Vancoober BC ..  http://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28977 so may not make it over there again this summer.. BUT MAYBE

Going to try and sell one of my 60s Ford pickups just to make it up there ( middle sons university costs coming soon ,,got our cash flow pinched pretty hard ),,, but if i can sucker,,,,,,, find a buyer for them ,, i may be in fat city enough to make it over there for the day..   For what it's worth,,, we are more of a mission taco type group to tell you the truth.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I aint done shit but drive around so here's a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Red 411 in Burt Reynolds movie White Lighting ..

videoplayback3_zpsspeceshf.jpg

And Friday night inappropriate music bump.

you're welcome

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

So got it up on the neighbors rack and changed out my throw out bearing for a "new" one ,, changed clutch disc and installed the borrowed RL driveline for good measure because it's an inch longer than the one i found laying in the back of my garage. lol......... I drove it to Canby and all over fuck with the shorter one but it was up in air already so what the fuck  ............

Going to swap out my distributor to see if that is cause of weird  under load,  half throttle miss,  it sometimes has.

Make Beiber great again 2016   ,,,, If you aint going ,,, well you can all go fuck a duck.

Oics no,,,,,,,,,,,, cuz i forgot camera and i drove your mum over there,, and i aint walking back just to please you...

• Like 3

Fucking Ted helped me drag these onto the trailer last Friday with his 4X4 mobile

It was definitely NOT a dry heat that day.........

'cause,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you sooooooooooooooooooooo needed them in your life?

Or are you hoarding 389's?

• Like 4

Cuz i wanna make bank,,,, bro,............. i wanna get ,,, ass.  I wanna drive a Range Rover.

Donovan mentioned getting one of my 47 Chevy 2 door coupes on the road..  and the motor in the one closest to actually being on road ( some modern upgrades when i actually had it  "driving" around )   has a 400 Pontiac that i assume is seized up by now,,,,,,,, so the 400s in these will be alot more of a drop in type deal instead of redoing all the motor mounts to install a Ford engine . :devil: ......... even if they smoke a little bit they will be wrapped inside a 70 year old badass motortator ..... He drove the 55 F100 to Billet proof in 2015 and i think he has the Jones now. 

All the car really needs is a updated front suspension ( has model A front cuz that was pretty much the only way to get cheap disc brakes back when i was "young" ))  And hell for about a $1000. bucks you can get a bolt in unit with all the pre-enginered steering couplings and u-joints to make it work.. it already has dual master setup that would just need replaced with rockauto parts and such.

and they were of course,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, free

• Like 4