The fun is gone

Guest Rick-rat

Come on guys ! He is doing that !

He is letting me get the truck back ! For our community .

The charity didn't care about the truck, and still doesn't .

Good, it's going back to Al....let it be the "Datsloco" truck that goes to the shows. I am satisfied with the outcome. It is where it belongs. I said "Charity" because of the initial reason, but I still stand behind my outburst. I dont care what the reason for his actions or verbage...saying Fuck you to all those that worked on it is wrong and It pissed me off. And to say he'd "Crush it".....Fuck him!

• Like 2
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not correct!

I gave up this truck to.the datsun community to build so that hopefully one of us could have a start to a great truck.

The fact is Datsuns Northwest never even sent anyone here to help work on the truck . Probably because most of them never even knew about the truck being built until I went to their meeting may 20 and shared with there club .

The charity wasn't even picked by them until a week before canby .

( edit ) WE built this truck for US !

Sorry Ted wasn't trying to jump on your post . But it seems like you put the word charity in a sentence and everyone gets all pc and wants to get involved .

I still have to raise some funds to reimburse Rick for his parts and registration . But I will figure it out.

And then it will be home for good.

The word 'charity' came from the initial build thread, not from Ted. I think many, myself included, donated because it was for charity.

Charity2_zpsvj6si9tm.jpg

• Like 2

How strange that this post got so many hits in such a short time, but when I asked for help on this truck, I was basically ignored and don't bother me, not my problem, here's a link on how to do it, get someone else. I will take into consideration all of the comments made, a few good, mostly bad, before I make up my mind on whether I want to get another Datsun or not. Just doesn't seem to be a lot of support here and a lot of people that think they know what is going on when they don't have any clue at all.

It will be ready when you get here, Al

wow that's pretty much how this community works and if somehow it was expected we all drop everything and come do it for u then the point was missed all together ... all the stuff  i have done to my truck was by me with the help and input of others on here as i would run into trouble... .i never expected members to come do it for me ... but i always appreciated the help .. links and advice ... and no one told u to fuck off ....... it was only after no one was there and u complained did anyone say anything ... 

again this is sad.... what was the point of this thread ... did u expect it would be received well..... to me it looks like another post made to find a way to blame all us for this truck ... take accountability and if your in over your head then say it .... we all have helped in one way or another .... and to just revolt and quit and find a way to blame us is basically just inappropriate... 

want me to send a roll back .. at least in olympia it saves al two or three hours and anything i can do to help another member is all i ever try ... 

donovan just shhhhh your car is mostly finger tight ........ this doesnt need to b a pissing match ... this is just another FML thread that should be locked ... ratsun doesn't need this nor do we need to banter about it ... RIck quit cause he is in over his head ........ and thats fine theres just a far more diplomatic way to go about it then these threads and getting pissed because we all didn't fix it .... we all help one another in one way or another.........

you could have gave/won this truck to me with the motor in the back and the bed on a dolly and i would have been elated ... just a shame that ricks datsuning is going down this road .....

had a lot of fun times with you .... hopefully you put some real time into thinking where u go from here ........  

jesus can we leave datslocos out of this 

• Like 3

I will not respond to that here, the response would be inappropriate

You'll just be a coward and send a snarky, schoolgirl sounding PM like you did to me and delete the message so it can't be responded to...you're a classy guy. I'm sure it was such an imposition to win a cool assed truck that so many people busted themselves working on.

Props to all you that worked on it and it's nice that it's going home and will actually be respected and treated right.

• Like 1

VERY well said "newbie"

.......... The biggest consequence here is that it generates a bunch of cynicism that prevents other great stuff from happening in the future. I hope that's not the road this goes down.

IBTL ........... again :)

• Like 1

Well the charity got a donation , we all win .

The way I see it Rick got screwed unless he truly had decided to 'donate' or 'return' the truck to you before making this thread (which I doubt). I know my view will differ from the vast majority here, but it was his truck to do with what he wanted whether that be keep it, sell it or whatever.

• Like 3
Like everyone else that commented on my post you are totally clueless, not in over my head, everything that was fucked up on this truck is now fixed and it is safe to drive now. It was far from roadworthy when it was delivered and parts were falling off it as it was being unloaded. I don't expect people to drop what they are doing to help me, there are ways to say fuck off without saying it. Gotta go put those ugly blue wheels back on the truck now

please don't pm me rick if you have something to say ... say it here ... i dont mix words ... period ... u wanna call me names go ahead ... yet again your showing your true colors... u pmed me .. tanker .... dolomite..... maybe if u put that effort towards the truck then we wouldn't be having all these FML threads ... and after all if its a driver and a runner now whats the problem ... drive it down ... i will have u delivered back to your house in a nice cushy Lincoln town car... there's no vaping in there cars though... but u get the paper and refreshments... 

and trust us we all are well versed in the ways people can say fuck off without saying it ... ironic u mention that 

• Like 2

He sent this to me....but judging what Jrock showed....he really is a Dick-Hat

Sent Today, 09:14 AM

Rick-rat, on 05 Aug 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Fuck you, asshole. The seat and the door cards were very nice. don't know for sure who did the kick panels and tried to put in the headliner, but they are not the same quality work as done on the seat. You will never know the real reasons for for giving this truck back, and it is really none of your business, If I wanted to crush the truck , it's not your business either . Don't give a fuck about your input

Fuck you! YOU started all this and I dont care what your reasons were. Be a man and admit you were wrong to go about it this way. I dont care if you sell it...your truck. How you got it was a miracle but yours non the less. I did the seat, kick and door panels. Not the headliner. The kick panels were fine when I gave them to Al. I put a lot of time, effort, and my own money to the build, and for you to say "Fuck You" to me....not cool. 

• Like 5

You got help when you asked for it, it wasn't a huge out pouring of people but you got help, I would have been there if I could. Don't say talk bad about this community because you didn't get you're desired outcome. Find yourself another 620 and enjoy a datsun.

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

You'll just be a coward and send a snarky, schoolgirl sounding PM like you did to me and delete the message so it can't be responded to...you're a classy guy. I'm sure it was such an imposition to win a cool assed truck that so many people busted themselves working on.

Props to all you that worked on it and it's nice that it's going home and will actually be respected and treated right.

Yeah, I didn't treat the truck very well at all, only fixed everything that needed to be fixed and made the truck legal and road worthy .

I worked on this truck at Al's myself, Trollomite, so unless you were there, keep your comments to yourself, because you have no clue

Guest Rick-rat

He sent this to me....but judging what Jrock showed....he really is a Dick-Hat

Sent Today, 09:14 AM

Rick-rat, on 05 Aug 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Fuck you! YOU started all this and I dont care what your reasons were. Be a man and admit you were wrong to go about it this way. I dont care if you sell it...your truck. How you got it was a miracle but yours non the less. I did the seat, kick and door panels. Not the headliner. The kick panels were fine when I gave them to Al. I put a lot of time, effort, and my own money to the build, and for you to say "Fuck You" to me....not cool.

The work that you did on the seat and door panels was excellent, I don't know what happened to the kick panel, it should be an easy fix, just coming loose on the backside. I appreciate the time and work that you did. This truck is just not going to work out for me

Well the way I see it Rick, you still have insurance money from the 620, which means you can buy another vehicle.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

The 521 was raffled off in good faith to a bunch of Datsun fanatics who helped build it.  Fair's fair, the raffle is over and you won it.  In a legal sense, that's all folks.  In the world of DATSUN KARMA, however, I would say the right thing to do is give it back to Al and have it held until next year's Canby to be raffled off again to someone who would like it.

That's just my 2 cents.

And of course, if you spent $100 on tickets and $300 to register it, etc., then that should be refunded.

wait why is he getting his 100 bucks in tickets back ... thats like going to vegas winning big then getting upset when they take the taxes out and asking for your initial risk back if u give back the truck errr money ....if anyone should get there money back its all us other rafflers for this shit show that has unraveled

(253)509-3208  <---Frustration Hotline # Call or text. Any time. 

lol I checked that real ... well a real number not a hot line 

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-

Best use of this meme ever i laughed for ten minutes and two more times when people quoted it 

Maybe you should think before you say something 

hands down the best most misdirected ironic post of the 20 hours of this threads existence ... what in the actual fuck is that suppose to mean ... literally does that not like set off alarms in your head ????

talk about epic pot and kettle 

funny thing is you don't appreciate any of the work anyone did .. or this thread wouldn't exist ... u pm me and throw some dig at the wheels ... sorry rick your style is your style but how your handling this is 100 percent wrong.... just stop retorting to every post ... your shovel has like 6 heads and is digging way faster then u think ...

so please stop with the "i appreciate or i m the one who fixed all the stuff" at this point its just not sincere.... maybe u should follow in tristy pants manor ...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/63660-an-open-apology/

or just shhhhhh ....... ive had a great time with you but fuck this is a shit show ........ and we aren't responsible for it ... have some accountability stop blaming 

• Like 2

The work that you did on the seat and door panels was excellent, I don't know what happened to the kick panel, it should be an easy fix, just coming loose on the backside. I appreciate the time and work that you did. This truck is just not going to work out for me

Thank you. This could have all been avoided with a different approach. Good luck in your search for a better truck suited to you.

Guest Rick-rat

please don't pm me rick if you have something to say ... say it here ... i dont mix words ... period ... u wanna call me names go ahead ... yet again your showing your true colors... u pmed me .. tanker .... dolomite..... maybe if u put that effort towards the truck then we wouldn't be having all these FML threads ... and after all if its a driver and a runner now whats the problem ... drive it down ... i will have u delivered back to your house in a nice cushy Lincoln town car... there's no vaping in there cars though... but u get the paper and refreshments... 

and trust us we all are well versed in the ways people can say fuck off without saying it ... ironic u mention that

Don't know when I started calling you names, Your another one that gave time and effort into this truck, and your efforts are appreciated, After driving it for the first time, it will not work for me for a lot of reasons. The only "dig" at the wheels is I think they are ugly.

Don't know when I started calling you names, Your another one that gave time and effort into this truck, and your efforts are appreciated, After driving it for the first time, it will not work for me for a lot of reasons. The only "dig" at the wheels is I think they are ugly.

just nevermind ... im done telling anyone there zipper is down ... 

al u stopping by here at all ?

Guest Rick-rat

Just one more thing, If you don't like what I post or the manner in which I do, feel free to just read it and move along. No one forces you to put any comments in a thread either. And none of you know what is going on, so have a nice day everyone