The fun is gone

Guest Rick-rat

This was the Olympic gold metal round for back tracking. 

I think he backtracked down the right path. 

As for the rest of you fuckers, quit being so shallow in your thought process. Rick played each and every one of you. Amateurs.

Not likely.

Also its as if you hold deception as an honorable action? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what is being overlooked the most here is the most important. This thing was put together for a charity raffle. The goal was to raise money for a charity. I didn't donate parts for the winner. I donated for charity.

Not correct!

I gave up this truck to.the datsun community to build so that hopefully one of us could have a start to a great truck.

The fact is Datsuns Northwest never even sent anyone here to help work on the truck . Probably because most of them never even knew about the truck being built until I went to their meeting may 20 and shared with there club .

The charity wasn't even picked by them until a week before canby .

( edit ) WE built this truck for US !

Sorry Ted wasn't trying to jump on your post . But it seems like you put the word charity in a sentence and everyone gets all pc and wants to get involved .

I still have to raise some funds to reimburse Rick for his parts and registration . But I will figure it out.

And then it will be home for good.

• Like 9

It used to be some fun to work on my Datto, The one I have now has taken the fun away. No more sweat, blood, money, frustration, or scrapes for me on this one. ad in the classifieds. Have driven the truck but something tells me it will not satisfy my needs, looking for 620 KC, and a good home for this truck

40 posts later...

:fu:   :fu: FUCK YOU ALL, WILL NOT SELL IT OR GIVE IT TO ANYONE ON RATSUN, WILL GO TO CRUSHER FIRST  :fu:  :fu:

While you have all been pissing and moaning  aboot this, I have been talking to Al and the truck is going back to him, any of you that have been bad- mouthing me don't deserve to have this truck either 

wait what we've been trolled 

I dont believe it 

IT WAS THE MEDS 

The famous 'shower scene' has already been done on Dallas..

It's all good, Al is getting the truck back, and if you want to know the real reasons I will tell you sometime. I wanted to get the reactions about this, to help me make up my mind. I sure don't need any of you trying to tell me what was on my mind when I made this post, because none of you know the real reasons and it has nothing to do with my health

Why didn't you just say "This just isn't working for me. What should I do with the truck? Suggestions?"

This would have gained you a better result than all the hate spilled out against you. A lot of people went into that truck and there was sure to be a lot of hurt feelings and opinions. You would risk all that coming down on your head by selling it? and when it all came down....  only then claim it was only for reactions? Clearly, you didn't think this through at all

• Like 10

Rick good on you for giving it back. If I was in possession of this thing and was getting treated like this since day one, im that crazy burzurker fucker that would have said fuckit. Run over it with a D8 cat and done a couple squirlies on top of it with the tracks. Filming all of it and sending a nice little care package to all the fuckers that gave me a hard time with it. After all, it is just a pile of metal. Not many of you have seen me lose my temper, but those who have can vouch for me going off the wall like this. Good to know you've got the kahonas to let it go.

As for the rest of you fuckers, quit being so shallow in your thought process. Rick played each and every one of you. Amateurs.

Yeah after u pulled all the valuable parts and sold them and filmed from far enough away that we couldn't see the parts missing ...........but I will give u credit spoken like a true 620 fan with little taste or tact .......... Lol lighten up ........... Cause if u were worried about how he was being treated u shoulda been up there helping him ;-)

I didn't read through every page of this thread, but think I got the gist...As a newbie, I think the raffle truck was an amazing project, and really demonstrated the generosity of this community. It's sad to see it end up in the middle of all this drama. The biggest consequence here is that it generates a bunch of cynicism that prevents other great stuff from happening in the future. I hope that's not the road this goes down.

• Like 4

Just drive the truck to my shop Rick I will store it for al as long as it's needed .......... If it needs to be towed there get a quote I will pay for the fee for now ......... Until I get reimbursed ........ What a absolute shit show .......if I had a truck and trailer and the time I would come get it now

• Like 3

I didn't read through every page of this thread, but think I got the gist...As a newbie, I think the raffle truck was an amazing project, and really demonstrated the generosity of this community. It's sad to see it end up in the middle of all this drama. The biggest consequence here is that it generates a bunch of cynicism that prevents other great stuff from happening in the future. I hope that's not the road this goes down.

We are a disfunctional family . But end.the end it will be how we react. That will set the tone for the future.

The truck will be seen , loved , shared with the community, as intended!

• Like 4

This is really just sad how a thing with the pretense to be a good idea and feel good situation is now just a shit show

Its really not , is it ideal ? No

Is it amazing we got the truck together at all ? Yes

Is this the end of the truck and it's story ? No

We are all going to enjoy and share the truck for years to come !

• Like 2

:fu:   :fu: FUCK YOU ALL, WILL NOT SELL IT OR GIVE IT TO ANYONE ON RATSUN, WILL GO TO CRUSHER FIRST  :fu:  :fu:

You sir are a piece of shit. You should at least give it to the charity it was meant for....

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

How strange that this post got so many hits in such a short time, but when I asked for help on this truck, I was basically ignored and don't bother me, not my problem, here's a link on how to do it, get someone else. I will take into consideration all of the comments made, a few good, mostly bad, before I make up my mind on whether I want to get another Datsun or not. Just doesn't seem to be a lot of support here and a lot of people that think they know what is going on when they don't have any clue at all.

It will be ready when you get here, Al

• Like 1

Not correct!

( edit ) WE built this truck for US !

Having worked on this truck I would not trust it. Like the motor mounts were not even finger tight, dude

Guest Rick-rat

Please don't go there Fat, All the help donated to this truck was greatly appreciated, some things get missed when you have a bunch of different people working on something