Happy Independence day, America!

"When your people came to our land, it was not with open arms, but with bibles and guns and disease.

You took our land.

You killed us with your guns and disease,then had the arrogance to call us godless savages.

If there is a heaven and it is filled with christians then hell is the place for me."

-Anonymous American Indian-

Welcome to the duality in the nature of humanity.

1828a3bef4167ebb0217b71720945ab4aea97825

• Like 7
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"When your people came to our land, it was not with open arms, but with bibles and guns and disease.

You took our land.

You killed us with your guns and disease,then had the arrogance to call us godless savages.

If there is a heaven and it is filled with christians then hell is the place for me."

-Anonymous American Indian-

Before you try giving me a boilerplate history lesson go read:

" A Little Matter of Genocide: Holocaust and Denial in the Americas 1492 to the Present "

by Ward Churchill...

Sure. Argue with history. For what ends? To be right?

If you don't like that book try;

"In the Hands Of The Great Spirit: The 20,000 Year History Of The American Indian"

by Jake Page

My point is humanity is defined by brutality and nationalism for me is hollow pride at best and in direct opposition to humility and humanity.

That's my opinion, I get to have one, and you are entitled to yours.

Isn't Independence Day to celebrate the successful war of independence from Great Britain? Or did I miss something? Celebrate or move to Canada like the Loyalists. 

• Like 5

Not sure what you guys are even talking about....  Fourth of July is were parents all over America teach our youngest children to light explosives off for our drunken entertainment and hope our teenage children just come home with all their fingers.

200.gif

And seriously what parent has not enjoyed the mid winter throwing of left over firecrackers at their teens when they just won't get off the computer and take out the garbage?

• Like 6

Isn't Independence Day to celebrate the successful war of independence from Great Britain? Or did I miss something? Celebrate or move to Canada like the Loyalists.

I get to have an opinion as long as it is yours?

I give thanks in my own way and when the jingoistic flag wavers tell me to remember everyone who died that I might have life...

....I REMEMBER EVERYONE, whites and nonwhites alike.

Before you try giving me a boilerplate history lesson go read:

" A Little Matter of Genocide: Holocaust and Denial in the Americas 1492 to the Present "

by Ward Churchill...

Ward Churchill......I remember him. Pretty sure he was in the tepee with Rachel and Brian :rolleyes:

tumblr_inline_nq0dmt692Q1qjqg0y_540.png

• Like 2

I get to have an opinion as long as it is yours?

I give thanks in my own way and when the jingoistic flag wavers tell me to remember everyone who died that I might have life...

....I REMEMBER EVERYONE, whites and nonwhites alike.

Your opinion has zero to do with this topic is my point...... Try Thanksgiving at the end of the summer.

• Like 5

Supposed to be a celebratory post of the independence and freedoms of the USA.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should comes to mind..... You have the right to opine about your disdain for the USA's history...But in a pro-USA thread though?

I imagine if we disagree with your perception we are fitting into the label of  (Bigot) and (Racist)?

• Like 2

You know, I should just stay out of this, but it reminds me of my first roommate in college.  We're riding in his parents' car and he's complaining about how the "Indians"  (Native Americans) were mistreated and we're all horrible people, etc.  So I ask him, "So what should we do?  Just give everything back and leave?"  He says "Yes!"  And I say, "That's not going to happen."   :)  I'm sorry our ancestors were jerks to the Native Americans, and no, what we did wasn't right.  But you know what?  Any group anywhere only got what they had by taking it from someone else.  Life isn't fair.  Deal with it.  At some point, we might be invaded by some other country or alien civilization and forced somewhere else.  And there won't be a damn thing we can do about it except appreciate the irony.

And on that note, Happy Fourth of July!

• Like 3

Mike,actually no, they weren't.

Didn't prehistoric man (forerunners of the native American Indian) cross the Berring Sea land bridge during the low sea levels caused by the last Ice Age, and settle the Americas?

• Like 1

Bullshit, my ancestors didn't do shit to native Americans, they didn't do anything to anyone, they're from Germany..... right after WWII......maybe I should just stop now.....

they all fought against the Russians and only the Russians, right :rofl:?

• Like 3