Back by popular demand....(with oics)

You can't get rid of me that easy!  :thumbup:

Just dropping in to say hey. I've been so busy the last year I've barely made a post and don't want you guys to feel left out. 

I still own a Datsun although our relationship has been a little rocky. For the first time in 5 years (since I started driving) I'm not DD'ing a Datsun. I bought a 2006 Mini Cooper S JCW for a couple small Datsun's cost. My Z has been sitting getting a little attention here and there. Sadly, I will be selling her soon as I don't have time for her, nor a place to store her at this junction in my life. Feels crazy hitting the ripe young age of 23 (24 next month) and all of my youth has been spent working on Datsun's, and now I'm looking at going through a period of not owning one. I'm not even 25 yet and already own my dream car. I know one day I'll kick myself for selling my S1 Z car but I know right now it will get a much better home with the guy I've been talking to. He's got a lot of money in his pocket and plans for a full resto. Races SCCA in his 240Z, and wants one to keep for the rest of his life. I know good owners are about as hard to come by as Datsun's this clean so I figured no one would be a better owner for Lucy then him. Even if I could find somewhere to store it I know by the time I get back to it I'll be in over my head, and I respect my Z far to much to let her do what so many others have done: rot.

Anyways enough about that. What have I missed? 

10575396_10153133555099266_1859779603937

Shoutout to those of you who remember my last two Datsuns. 

11012000_10153111420734266_6599083121416

11210480_10153229909879266_5705289619650

• Like 3
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to say it...

You're dumb.

By the time you realize this, it'll be too late, unless you're a rich kid there may not be a first year Z for you to buy.

All this, and you downgraded to a girly car...epic fail.

• Like 2

No mini pictures. well maybe....

I'm just going to say it...

You're dumb.

By the time you realize this, it'll be too late, unless you're a rich kid there may not be a first year Z for you to buy.

All this, and you downgraded to a girly car...epic fail.

You know what, I don't give a shit if you think it's dumb. The truth is, I simply don't have time for it. I could store it, sure. Just like 90% of every Datsun anyone has ever bought. It will rot, it will be forgotten, etc. Go walk through a junkyard and tell me how many of those cars looked like at one point they were very well cared for cars until the owners got too busy to keep up with them, and the worst part TOO STINGY TO SELL THEM to someone who has the time, passion, and money. 

I love my Datsun, and I respect it enough as an early Z to know that in order to preserve it as a piece of history it makes more sense to pass it along to someone who will love it as much as I do and has the facilities and money to restore a Series 1 Z. I'd rather sell my Z now, move forward to one of the numerous job offers that will increase my income a pretty penny and one day be able to afford 3 perfect Datsun's instead of one nice car.

If ya don't like my choice in DD that's too bad. If you think it's girly I'm really sorry to hear that, you've obviously never hit a mountain road in a Mini before. it's no Datsun, sure, but it's a blast.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

OK Whoa --I agree with Dolomite !

NEVER EVER sell your toys ! Sell the shit out of every thing else---not toys.

You WILL live to regret this move.

I want back my 69 Roadrunner 383 4 speed.
I want back my 57 Chev low rider truck.
My 68 440 GTX Convert.

You get the picture
I'm almost twice your age and
I have spent $$ replacing my Tonka collection, My Guitars, My skate boards,
and tons of other stuff.

Some day your kid will see the pics and say why did you sell the Cool 240----- AND YOU WILL SAY -- DOH.

BTW-

I'm looking for a copy of my Toy 60 Cal. Green Plastic Machine Gun called," The Okinawa Gun"  made in the 70's by Remco.

BAD ASS Toy Spring Loaded Rifle that shot 5 big red shells, Top load mag.

Totally OWNED Every Kid in the neighborhood they All Cried. 

That Bitch left a Big Red Welt. !!!

Rare and BIG  $$ Now...

Okinawa%20Gun4.jpg

• Like 2