INSMNCS: John Cain

years ago I was a mechanic for a trash company. one 100'+ day in August, I was putting U-joints in a trash truck in an open, one bay shop with no AC when I felt "ants" crawling on my neck. "Ants" turned out to be maggots (figured that out when I went to wipe 'em off and they just turned to mush) and that combined with the smell of rotten fish heads and sour beer in the still loaded truck caused me to projectile vomit. I quit mechanicing not too long after and got CDLs.

We have a winner here folks....bbuy the man a chicken dinner!

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a winner here folks....bbuy the man a chicken dinner!

No no no. That's a solid second place after Ceptic tank duty. But I'd still find it worthy of dinner. Maggots suck. But they make great fish food. I used to raise em. Much less gross when they aren't on dead shit and trash.

i met a guy who was a cpr nurse, and his job was to pump chests from the ambulance to the operating room when arrived at a hospital, made 13.00 hr, and said it was the gnarliest, thing ever.

he opened my eyes up to actual CPR, and said that there's no pussy footing bull shit, he was told to pump hard and fast by op doctors.....the first time a rib cracked he stopped and freaked, doc said wtf are you doing keep going so he did, second time he didn't freak, nor the next 100 times. 

he was a janitor at the same hospital, a year before that. and had gotten a 3 dollar raise. doing cpr 

My bosse's daughter is a paramedic in LA county, starting pay $10/hr, little did she know she would also do CPR on the way to hospitals while on ambulance rotation, she told me one time they were short staffed at hospital ER and she had to assist on a surgery on the dude they brought in, she witnessed the surgeon pumping the dudes heart with his bare hands to save him.....it worked, then she passed out on the way back to the ambulance....THAT'S tough shit for $10/hr!

• Like 3

Yo Paradime , do you ever frequent "paradiso" on Bancroft?

Old lady Italian cuisine,

I'm leery, but every other fluent geezer seems all about it.

If you are into blue grass or just into being a lesbian there's zocolo cafe next door RIGHT???????

Ha, Es me bario amigo.

But, don't diss my lesbians at Zocolo Dude. They make some SERIOUS biscuits and gravy. Those places are for the recently ex-patriated SF crowd and the upper middle class lifer San Leandroids who want to pretend their San Fraciscons. Unfortunately, for a nice night out, that's the only game in town. Not bad food, but much better grub, and crown in Oaktown. Try Floras across the street from the Pacific Theater. Sit at the far end of the bar and you can watch the kitchen line cooks at work. Fire chops baby.

Also the best hidden secret in Oakland, Old Wing Ping Thai food near Mills College. Too legit for words. Total hole in the wall, and as soon as you push through the thick wood door, you are in Thailand. Food is stupid crazy good, christmas lights hanging from the ceiling, the whole 9 yards. 

• Like 1

I wonder what white on white vs black on white violence looks like. Are white people just better victims? I'd expect robbery against whites is by far the highest number. And id expect every race to target the best victim.

Follow the money.....

• Like 1