• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Railroad construction sucked pretty hard.

Especially when the clip machine broke and we had to drive all the clips in with sledges. I'm just glad we were using steel ties. They are so much lighter, and don't give you chemical burns.

We used some wood ties for a crossing and we had to use lag bolts to hold the shoulder plates on. I have no clue why we didn't just use spikes, maybe it had to have lags to meet code or something.

It sucked. There were two places to eat. Pizza ranch and subway. For two weeks. *shudders*

Still can't eat at pizza ranch anymore.

• Like 1

Horee sheet Lou! Glad y'all are OK!

Was pretty sureal in the dark for a few minutes,with that smell of melted elecctrica

You will never forget your anniversary. Sorry man.

Probably not,other stuff has happened to the family on significant dates

jkYVsxC.gif

Sorry to hear that mate,that'd really fuck up your next few mths.

Yeah curveballn101

Septic tank inspection and yes I mean internally before we had all the cool technology that allows cameras to do most of it now.

Wow. That's rough.

I regularly reinforce attics. In Hawaii the humidity and heat make this a nauseating task. We all need to force a maximum 20 minutes up time. Before getting out. The insulation, lead paint, mold, rat shit and dead roaches are the icing. Still beats ceptic tank tours.

Hanging rock getting paid hourly is a whole other trade from doing it by the sheet. These guys are motivated to make as much money as they can as fast as  they can.10hrs a day at break neck speed start to finish, there is no stopping, no rest, no standing around. Like framers, piece dry wallers are not human. I thought I was bad ass until I tried to hang with these guys for a summer.

• Like 2

years ago I was a mechanic for a trash company. one 100'+ day in August, I was putting U-joints in a trash truck in an open, one bay shop with no AC when I felt "ants" crawling on my neck. "Ants" turned out to be maggots (figured that out when I went to wipe 'em off and they just turned to mush) and that combined with the smell of rotten fish heads and sour beer in the still loaded truck caused me to projectile vomit. I quit mechanicing not too long after and got CDLs.

• Like 1

Yo Paradime , do you ever frequent "paradiso" on Bancroft?

Old lady Italian cuisine,

I'm leery, but every other fluent geezer seems all about it.

If you are into blue grass or just into being a lesbian there's zocolo cafe next door RIGHT???????