WTF!? Another fleabay wonder!

What do you guys think a restored and built 510 is worth? Not what people will pay but what is it worth to you if you poured blood sweat and money into the thing? What is wrong with making $2k, $3k or even $5k on your effort and time? 

I don't think you checked out the car that this thread is making spectacle of. It's neither restored, nor built. On top of that, the ebay listing grossly misrepresents what is being sold. Buyer beware, of course, but people like this who have no allegiance to the scene are currently doing a fantastic job of stinking it up.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are worth the, emotion, labor and parts put into them by the current owner, but are only worth what the next guy is willing to pay when it comes time to sell.

There is an ass for every seat. Just when its time to sell you have to hope that ass will pay your price.

• Like 1

And hey I got a 1988 FJ62 Land Cruiser for sale right now. It is just a shell but a real good rust free shell. No axles, motor is blown but it has got a real nice rust free and dent free body. Frame is also stellar and interior is mint. I am selling it for $2500 and sure I will get that for it. 15yrs ago I would have been lucky to get $500 for it. BTW, I got it for free. :)

Cheers

• Like 1

And hey I got a 1988 FJ62 Land Cruiser for sale right now. It is just a shell but a real good rust free shell. No axles, motor is blown but it has got a real nice rust free and dent free body. Frame is also stellar and interior is mint. I am selling it for $2500 and sure I will get that for it. 15yrs ago I would have been lucky to get $500 for it. BTW, I got it for free. :)

Cheers

Sell it for twice that and you may be able to afford a clapped out, stripped, rusty 4dr 510 "coupe".

• Like 4

I don't think you checked out the car that this thread is making spectacle of. It's neither restored, nor built. On top of that, the ebay listing grossly misrepresents what is being sold. Buyer beware, of course, but people like this who have no allegiance to the scene are currently doing a fantastic job of stinking it up.

I totally get your point and I did look at the orange one on Ebay. For years Patrol owners been saying the same kind of thing. But I simply can not get upset/bummed/disgruntle about a rusty 510 selling for $8k. That is awesome I think. The more they sell for the better I say. 

You all see that nice 69 Patrol that sold on Ebay a week or two ago? I think it sold for like $12k. Don't have the link saved or would post it but it was really nice. Original and mint. I think it was undervalued by about $20k, that is my opinion of course. At the minimum it should have went for $20k. Just not many nice originals out there. If it was an FJ40 Cruiser it would have sold for well over $30k. Patrol is a better truck, why not more. :)

Cheers

Unfortunately when you list a datsun on eBay you have to choose. Either Z series or Other. I think it is defaulted to Z series.

What makes it a "Z Series" 510 is the fact that it has a 72-73 240z steering wheel.

Don't you guys know anything?

• Like 3

For eight grand, it must come with a leather weekend with the chubby girl, too...

• Like 2