WTF!? Another fleabay wonder!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be closer if the interior was fit to drive in, and all the things listed as missing and not working .... were working and not missing.

What pisses me off is this scamster's description of what he has. It's not a coupe, yet some unknowing dork with money will say "Hey I've heard about how rare those coups are and this is only $7K!" The odometer only goes to 99,999 so the mileage can be anywhere above what's posted in multiples of 100,000. It's listed as a 5 speed yet has a 4 speed in it and he says "might have previously had a 5 speed" as if 'might have' as left a 5 speed flavor on the shifter that's worth something? Rare coupe GT which as lou pointed out is (at least was in Canada) a dealer installed accent stripe with GT imprinted and a Smiths tach dress up. Neither of which it has. All running gear is total unknown. He claims to have driven it around the shop without the thermostat housing on. $&K for a straight body is a bit much.   

I missed the end of it. 

I wonder if the seller dropped his reserve at the last minute just to make a sale.

Nope ... when a vehicle is sold, the ad is marked as SOLD: .. like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-510-1971-datsun-510-2-door-all-original-/171597860860?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27f4078ffc&item=171597860860&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

But this car we are all cutting turds on, just says the ad ENDED: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Other-Coupe-GT-1971-datsun-nissan-510-2-dr-factory-paint-az-car-matching-s-engine-a-c-5-spd-/331500494891?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d2ef8202b&item=331500494891&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

So it will be back ... :rofl: ... maybe his friends will raise the price to $13k next time ... :lol:

• Like 1

Nope ... when a vehicle is sold, the ad is marked as SOLD: .. like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-510-1971-datsun-510-2-door-all-original-/171597860860?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27f4078ffc&item=171597860860&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

But this car we are all cutting turds on, just says the ad ENDED: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Other-Coupe-GT-1971-datsun-nissan-510-2-dr-factory-paint-az-car-matching-s-engine-a-c-5-spd-/331500494891?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d2ef8202b&item=331500494891&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

So it will be back ... :rofl: ... maybe his friends will raise the price to $13k next time ... :lol:

Sooooo.....more beastly chicks to fap poke fun of?

• Like 2

Read the ad. 3 cars for the listed price. 

I have been running a local CL ad advertising 510 parts for sale for about 2 weeks. I have received at least 10-15 inquiries asking if I knew of any 510s for sale.

There are people out there looking for dimes. Most of them don't know much about them but want one bad. And their desire to find one these days is growing and the small numbers of 510s for sale with most being out west has got people raising their budgets to get one. They don't seem to care that they are paying $2k-$4k too much. Shipping a 510 from west to east costs around $1200-$1500 so a bit more to get a complete one is worth it to them. Most of these new 510 buyers have seen the nice 510s sell on eBay for $15k-$25k and think $8k is a good entry price. They don't have $20k right know to buy one but can scrape together $8k from the sale of their hopped up Honduh or Scoobi to get a 510 and then throw paycheck after paycheck at it. They don't care if it ends up costing them $40k over the long haul. They just want it.

Being on the east coast, I have seen my share of rusty ratty 510s. This fleabay car although rusty in the floors, appears to be straight and mostly unmolested. Yes, the interior is sun beaten. But a car like this will appeal to many wanna be 510 owners.

Yes, $8k seems like a lot of money but when compared to the ratty junk out there with missing parts, etc. that people are asking $5k for, this one is not too bad.

Some shill bidding going on? Probably.

510s are not cheap anymore. You west coast guys have been spoiled.

• Like 4

Personally, I am very happy about the rise in Japanese cars prices. It makes mine worth more. What about 15yrs ago is when it started to change. I am into 4wds so don't follow the 510's, roadsters and so forth but it was about 15yrs ago that land cruisers started to got through the roof. Now days, good luck getting a rust bucket FJ40 for under $5k. They can still be had but usually are not much more than parts cars which could be had for $500 15yrs ago. F*ck it I say, bring it on! 

Won't stop me from buying or building Japanese trucks. But it might start to make me some money on my trucks when I sell them rather than just giving them away. 

What do you guys think a restored and built 510 is worth? Not what people will pay but what is it worth to you if you poured blood sweat and money into the thing? What is wrong with making $2k, $3k or even $5k on your effort and time? 

All I need is Jay Leno to get a Patrol! :)

Cheers

• Like 1