the mustard bun.......510 and a record player

hes not responding now which makes it less then fun ..it was picked up by my friend and i shoulda just had him do it ... i figured the dude would follow through my bad for that ... can i drive himto the washington dmv and do that or do i have to do the oregon dmv 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oregon portland

Oy!

Bill of sale isnt worth the paper its printed on if it's still in the system.

There are other ways to get a title, but taking a bill of sale alone to the DOL will get you nowhere.

I had to have both last time...but I've had different experiences with different people behind the counter.

Evaporust works really well for rust. Non corrosive just changes iron oxide to something chemically inert so it washes off the good metal beneath. Molasses mixed with water works awesome, just takes like a week long to soak and do anything.

• Like 1

Yeah if he is the last owner I would just take the bill of sale in and see what they say. 

Where was it last registered? If WA, then just go to the local place first. Can't hurt. 

Bill of sale isnt worth the paper its printed on if it's still in the system.

There are other ways to get a title, but taking a bill of sale alone to the DOL will get you nowhere.

litle worried i just wanna get this thing in my name soon .... i guess i have to set aside sometime to go rope this guy out o his moms house and make this a reality ...i dont feel comfortable just mailing my stuff off and hoping for the best 

litle worried i just wanna get this thing in my name soon .... i guess i have to set aside sometime to go rope this guy out o his moms house and make this a reality ...i dont feel comfortable just mailing my stuff off and hoping for the best 

here's what you need to do. Eh ~  Either contact PO by phone, B~  mail a register letter or  C~ talk to PO in person. Tell him your driving the car to another location to get more work done on it. If during the event of driving it over their, you hit someone or kill someone, he is the responsible party since it was last registered in his name and  the PO will be needing a attorney for his defense. Well, this means he will have to shell out money for a retainer. That's normally around $1200.00 to $1500.00 just to view the case and a few hearings.

Now here's another situation that could happen, if you don't jump on it ASAP and he die's,  he screwed you without even knowing that he did. 

This happened to me about 6 months ago, told the PO, got title squared away and she died 2 wks later.  :bye:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

WElp getting a title was easy dealing with the previous owner was not.... oregon is issuing a oregon title and sending it up so we can transfer it to washington .... had to go ot he oregon dmv and worse try to get the old owner to show up which as not fun in the least.... he was difficult and flakey ... 

and on another note bringing another 1200 to datsopia ... redish orange auto car off craigslist .. pretty nice car but i haven't seen it in person 

• Like 3