the mustard bun.......510 and a record player

it almost looks like i can just use the x member with no dime quarterly adapters.... the shifter came right through the at hole i just had to enlarge it ... 

big thanks to phixius and duece duece for all there help .... even if frank made his hard line ugly going the wrong way ... 

4F0AD770-7430-4332-91D9-8796C715B0B1_zps

C586DEA7-E546-4482-8C0C-E620C162BEA0_zps

5540053F-F92D-4A01-8F46-4F275DF610DF_zps

bought this off craiglist for 10 even though its spelled wring may cut it down and put it where my autotragic emblem is 

• Like 5
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience and research an auto 510's tranny mount is further back than said manual mount. Apparently the auto trans is the same length as a "long shaft" manual gear box (i.e. 620, z-car). My 510 is a converted auto car. To mount a dogleg 5 speed w/ a T3 mount I had to weld a nut in front of the forward body nut. Hope that makes sense.

It's a bit of a crapshoot. I was told I would have to do something similar to ^^. But when I went to bolt up the experimental engineering xmember all four holes lined up. My 510 is also auto converted to manual. With a dogleg 5speed

im using a 280zx which from my understanding is a long tail tranny .... a dog leg is a short,  well usually short ,   tranny ......i was frustrated when i stopped fucking withthe tranny mount cause the motor sat to high and i had just stripped out the body bolt for the tranny member ... sunday i will be back at it .... need to get my side draft manifold back from the machinist.... machined the mounting surface to match the exhaust mani im using ... frigging exhaust is gonna hit the floor ... 

battery hold down .... was made for me while i worked on the fans ... 

F13A8CAD-75E5-473C-AF2D-A7E54347F4E5_zps

F23444D5-08CD-4FF7-A5DC-B918B4702E3B_zps

CC6E934B-469C-4C74-90CB-7EFCA72FE0CE_zps

08950400-86C8-4E4C-9D1A-9136F870BA13_zps

0636D4CF-0DF1-4521-AE66-20BA3ABF80A1_zps

741767A9-10BD-4A30-95B9-933004D9558C_zps

2DEACD1B-0E2A-43F0-9E24-D01B4F10816B_zps

4BF4E669-31AF-4D28-B027-DA44B6A8297C_zps

08950DDB-D5A6-4B15-996F-2EEC8FD278D4_zps

B1CE30C2-6F39-4ECC-A4ED-57B6F49A7E72_zps

So i drove it for the first time and it runs pretty good ... have one issue the key doesn't work to crank or to shit off..... it keys the ignition but doesn't crank .... to shut off... lol ummmmm busta and sky gave me some hints .... any ideas ... also need to learn some stuff about tuning the sidedrafts ... it runs but could use some tuning ... any links to mikuni ph44 tuning... and set up ?  cars quick and seems to wrok good ... trannys kinda loud but its a wait and see ...  oh and the speedo doesn't work 

• Like 5

I'm not sure man,,, but i believe you're supposed to cut the tunnel hole another 7-8 inches back to make it truly "show quality",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, at least that is what i have heard. 

BC9417EF-16A7-465C-90E8-5C0C2F8049C9_zps

• Like 1

yes that solved the starting but it wont shut off .. apparently a bad voltage reg can cause this and will try that tonight 

I thought you swapped out the alt to an IR one???

.....why the reg??

.......I've ben gone a few days though so I might have missed something......

Pretty damn sure is a IR alt.

voltage reg fixed he shutting off issue ... installed the tach ....fixed the dash lights ..all thats fixed . felt like we had a misfire on the rear hole ...you could pull the plug wire and it would change nothing in how the car ran ..every other cylinder would drop a hole when we did this .... seemed like it was not firing ... got very odd compression numbers ... did a valve adjustment like we have a billion times and now the rear two cylinders are doing weird shit .... immediately releasing compression on stroke ..needle is like a blinker .....60- 0- 60- 0.;.... it was a warm adjust but the motor wasn't hot it was warm ... the oddest part is on the initial compression test ..... front to back the first three cylinders were really low like barely 100  and the one we thought was gonna show a issue was like perfect .... 140 something... or at least way better then first three... and even odder the plugs on the first three cylinders were dark and sooty and the fourth was golden like i liked all my two stroke plugs to be ....i dont know .. the 3 am sunday night followed 11 pm last night i was tired and irritated ... had to walk away to fight another day ... sigh .... getting some solid help from ratsuners so far so puting this out there .... i left carrying a gas can and matches .... so it was a good time to call it a night  ..

no pics though sorry 

• Like 2