Highest prices for 510s

I am building my 1972 2door 510 and am putting a lot of time and $ to do it right 100%, no shortcuts. I know it is near impossible to get all the $ you put into a car out of it if sold but I am wondering if anyone knows the upper range of 510s sold. I have searched on the web and found nothing on the upper tier of Datsuns sold. My car is not for sale but Id just like to know.

Thanks for any help

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just me mind you, but I don't care what my 710 is 'worth', I just enjoy owning driving and improving on it. Can't put a value on it really.

For someone else's vehicle? For a genuine stock very low mileage un-molested sedan 4 door, two door or goon? Restored? Engine swap? VG, SR, KA, Turbo? Suspension and brakes done? LSD? Paint can add $5K. Tires and rims?

Location and rarity can affect price. If it's in the east it would be rarer than the west but might not be as desirable.

Jay Leno has skewed 510 pricing lately by doing a feature on them. Absolute non running pieces of shit are selling for what used to be a good runner price. Far as I can see there is no upper limit to greed. Prices are insane. Do not 'buy into it'or you'll think you have a gold mine in that old car. Just enjoy.

• Like 2

Lmao... you came to the wrong neighborhood to ask about higher value for your Datsun. These "people" will brag about flagging a craigslist ad just because they don't like the price, even after being asked politely not to. They're not even interested in buying, but feel proud of themselves for fucking up someone's deal and not minding their own god damn business.

-Robert

Lol... yep, calling out douche moves by "enthusiasts" is the sign of a little bitch.  I should just go with the flow and be a crotchety old man stuck in the past, butt hurt about how prices of things are going up, and stick my nose in other people's business... that would make me feel better about myself!!

-Robert

• Like 3

If you want a reasonably sane evaluation, go to http//www.nadaguides.com/classic-cars/  [and here you have to enter the model year/nissan-datsun/  your model number/  body style and then/ "values"] to get a "Low retail"  "Average retail" and "High retail" value.  In the past this site even described the definition of condition and the meaning of High/low/average.  Good luck, don't loose your cookies over the quotes and don't go buy a new house based on what you see.  These are prices that dealers will use to screw you so be warned, they MUST make a profit!

• Like 1

Lol... yep, calling out douche moves by "enthusiasts" is a bitch move.  I should just go with the flow and be a crotchety old man stuck in the past, butt hurt about how prices of things are going up, and stick my nose in other people's business... that would make me feel better about myself!!

-Robert

Dude i was agreeing with you , ,, your posts are 99% sarcasm so i figured if anyone would get it you would, and i know your a older dude , so am i, although i am alot better looking.

i bought a 78 parts car a few years ago and the owner said someone (probably on here)  called him  and said  he should ask more because it had a matchbox distributor,,,,, a fucking 78 doesn't even have one.

If you still wanna fight it out,,,, i'm cool with that too. :D

• Like 1

Dude i was agreeing with you , ,, your posts are 99% sarcasm so i figured if anyone would get it you would, and i know your a older dude , so am i, although i am alot better looking.

i bought a 78 parts car a few years ago and the owner said someone (probably on here)  called him  and said  he should ask more because it had a matchbox distributor,,,,, a fucking 78 doesn't even have one.

If you still wanna fight it out,,,, i'm cool with that too. :D

Oh. Crotchety old man internet rant averted.

We should take this to the track, cuz only real enthusiasts do that.

-Robert

• Like 1

not gonna name any names, butt somebody here is a wee bit google challenged

presto:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Datsun-510-2DR-FJ20-SSS-Bluebird-/130957814891?forcerrptr=true&item=130957814891

411.jpg

Pullin out the archives :rofl: ... As to the op, if you'r wondering that then you probably shouldn't build it. I'm building my dime to my liking and with no intent ever to sell it and that goes for any of my datsuns in the future

Should have been clarified, want to know for insurance estimating.  Want to know how much my Maxima is worth?  To me, quite a lot.  In actuality?  It's worth about $1000.  Any running vehicle is worth $1000. :)

Indy 510,

Answered my ? perfectly. 

Thank You, I now know the value of my car once built. Not for sale but just because I want to know. Top 510 on EBAY right now is 42K. Should check it out, nice ride. Ill start a build thread in Nov.

That car is woth $15k, tops