Police armed with camber gauges...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That and they have an iq score cut off, too high and you will not be hired. 104 is the max. Not a lot of places turn away someone for being too intelligent.

What where? My cousin is LAPD with a 128 iq score. He works Watts and is loved by the people on his beat. Likely because he has a masters in psychology and knows how to treat people and in the 4 years he's been there he has never gotten into a scuffle or had to pull his gun but has tazed plenty. But then when you're 6'5" 250lbs look like a defensive tackle and built like a brick shit house people tent to treat you differently. Me 5' 10" 185lb I can still fuck with him and keep my limbs but probably because I can still out run him even being 25 years older, he's my lil Cuz DOH!!!

I don't think 6' 4", 250lbs makes for instant respect. I've seen big guys like that squeal like little girls when shit gets harry. It's all about how you present yourself, your posture, your voice, and more important than anything else, your eye contact. My aunt is a 30 year cop, now detective in San Diego County. At 5'7" 180, she has command presence in spades, aka calm confident authority. You can see it in her eyes, and hear it in her voice, she is present in the moment, because she has control of her fear. A brick shit house cop hopping on his toes and barking orders does not show command presence, it shows fear. No matter how big and tough you may look, showing fear when things get tense will never get respect, it will only escalate the tension. 

• Like 1

I don't think 6' 4", 250lbs makes for instant respect. I've seen big guys like that squeal like little girls when shit gets harry. It's all about how you present yourself, your posture, your voice, and more important than anything else, your eye contact. My aunt is a 30 year cop, now detective in San Diego County. At 5'7" 180, she has command presence in spades, aka calm confident authority. You can see it in her eyes, and hear it in her voice, she is present in the moment, because she has control of her fear. A brick shit house cop hopping on his toes and barking orders does not show command presence, it shows fear. No matter how big and tough you may look, showing fear when things get tense will never get respect, it will only escalate the tension. [/size]

In-correct. And no-one at 5'7" has "command presence" especially females.

What where? My cousin is LAPD with a 128 iq score. He works Watts and is loved by the people on his beat. Likely because he has a masters in psychology and knows how to treat people and in the 4 years he's been there he has never gotten into a scuffle or had to pull his gun but has tazed plenty. But then when you're 6'5" 250lbs look like a defensive tackle and built like a brick shit house people tent to treat you differently. Me 5' 10" 185lb I can still fuck with him and keep my limbs but probably because I can still out run him even being 25 years older, he's my lil Cuz DOH!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

http://politicalblindspot.com/police-officially-refuse-to-hire-applicants-with-high-iq-scores/

http://www.realfarmacy.com/man-denied-job-as-police-officer-due-to-above-average-iq/

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/01/too-smart-to-be-a-good-cop/#.VC3H_PldX68

There are lots more...but I got tired.

And...I'm not a very tall guy, I guess that's why everyone thinks I'm such a weeny.